What are the best things a guy can do to help a girl through her cycle?

Honestly, this is something that most people do not talk about; however, if some ladies here could shed some light on what a guy can or should do when the times get rough then maybe a few guys will pick up the hint and show some support.

Maybe after some ideas are put up I'll start a poll to see which are the best methods/actions a guy can take to help out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't expect or ask a guy to do anything for me, but if he offers(which is a good first step) the gesture alone will make me feel a bit better. If he shows up with those air-activated heat pads (they're amazing for cramps), that can be a life saver.

• whats the name of those heat pads?

• Heat pads make sense for cramps. They use heat pads, hot water, etc. for athletes before practice to get the blood flowing which loosens up the muscles. I would imagine it's the same process seeing as it would be like a muscle relaxer.

• I used to get cramps so bad I couldn't even move without blacking out. Pain meds didn't do anything to help either, the only semi relief was curling up in a ball with a hot water bottle, heat pads, and taking a Nyquil to try and knock myself out. .

What Girls Said 7

• OMG is this a guy really truly wanting to understand and help a girl through her period?! You're my hero! Honestly, just hang out with her, watch a movie, things you would do normally. If she's in pain, don't touch her stomach. If she gets moody, DO NOT ARGUE because you won't win.

• Pain reliever,be there when she needs a shoulder to cry on,chocolate(lol),try to be understanding when she's irritable/bitchy. That sorta thing.

• - listen to her

- be patient with her

- bring her some sweets

- comfort her

• Lol you seem like a gentleman. Probably try to make her feel better if she has cramps.

Dont argue with her because when girls have cramps, they tend to be bitchy.

show her that your going to be there for her and she can count on you to help her.

• Just letting her know she can tell you anything and know this won't get told to anyone else. Manly it's just listening, and offering advice, it's nice to know that some cares.

• Just be patient with her because she probably will be in a crappy/emotional mood and just listen to her and show her that you care for her. And get her chocolate.

• you really don't need to do anything fancy. just let her know you're there for her if she needs you. but getting her ice cream doesn't hurt :)

What Guys Said 1

• give her chocolate and hang out with the guys.