What in the world happened?

I've been dating this girl for a couple of weeks, and we've hung out a few times. The whole time we have dated she has asked me questions about my interests and asked if we liked similar things, essentially qualifying us for each other. Well, a couple of nights before I'm about to leave for a cruise I go over since it'll be the last night we can hang out. Tonight was no different from the others. She asked if I liked a certain band and if girls who cuss turn me off, which were her words. I can tell she really likes me. Then she asks what I want out of us. I tell her I like her and want to see where things go. She tells me she just got out of the relationship, and that she expected to take the summer slow, and didn't expect to have feelings for another guy while in town. She's heading back to school in August. She tells me she wants to go slow. I tell her I understand and we can go at her pace. Next thing I know her tongue is down my throat. I test to see how far she'll take it, but she won't go further. I'm OK with this because of what we just talked about. I'm there until the early hours of the morning. I leave for my cruise, and when I come back she has gone 180° on me. She says she thinks it was a mistake, and she kind of felt like a slut. She wants to be just friends. I tell her after the other night, I don't know if I can do that.

Later, she texts me saying she wants to hang out and explain things. I tell her she might as well just tell me now. She tells me there has been a lot of drama with her ex lately and she just isn't in a good place to date and see people as more than friends, but she really wants to hang out with me. I say OK, and consider hanging out with her again later, but tell her if I find out that's not true that we will be done. She says she is hanging out with other guys but nothing is happening, nor does she want it to. The next night I'm out with a friend I haven't hung with a while and we've talking about girls. We see one of her Co-workers snooping on our conversation. She apparently thinks we are talking about the girl I was seeing and tells her about the conversation. She texts me saying we will never hang out again, and she unfriends me from Facebook. I explain my side and she apologizes for her reaction.

A couple days later my friend finds out she has been hooking up with another guy on his baseball team, who falls hard and quick, and can get clingy, and she did so while I was on my cruise. I already know she hooked up with another guy before we started. I ask her about it and she continues to lie. Then she tells the other guy I'm lying about us and manipulates text message conversations to make her look better. He believes her despite others telling him not to, and I don't.

What I want to know is what happened after we had that conversation about liking each other to change her mind? Was she running from her true feelings because she's scared of getting hurt again? Was she using me and just lying?

What Girls Said 1

• The girl has issues... Looks like she wants attention and likes that you're giving it to her. My bet is that she will continue to play the on again off again game until you get tired of it or she finds someone else who will give her even more attention. I'm also betting that she uses getting "hurt" as an excuse a lot to date around and see different guys. Honestly she sounds shady, move on. She's not good for you. Until she grows up all she can offer is pain.

What Guys Said 0