Guys have you ever not contacted a girl for a while (2-3 days) intentionally?

Guys have you ever not contact a girl for a while (2-3 days) intentionally just to get back at her for not contacting you (6 days)?

I know it's childish, but people do it all the time.

• Yes
  • No
  • See answer
Thank you so much for your answers!

It's been a day and a half.

PLEASE tell me how long I should wait before I conclude that he is not interested? Should I tell him how I feel or not?

I don't want to 'scare' him away.

Most Helpful Guy

• (looks at reported age group) - OK, you're not in or just out of high school. Unless this guy is a teenager, if he is playing these games with you, well... he's playing games and needs to be kicked to the curb. But I do wonder why you cut him off for 6 days. He may be thinking you are acting like a child. Sorry for the blunt statement but it's true.

Yes, I have taken a couple of days' break from someone who has seriously pissed me off, but 6 days? No effing way unless we have broken up already and I need some space to get my head together, or there are legitimate extenuating circumstances (out of the country and can't get an Internet connection and can't afford the $5+ a minute to call [has happened], in the hospital with laryngitis and no internet/cell phone connection. And so on...).

What Guys Said 8

• I didn't.

In some circumstances I would. For example when we talked about it and I feel like it didn't help and I don't know what to do to get through to her with this. But only as a last resort. Which I don't think is childish at all.

• Don't go aggressive on him. Never assume that he did that on purpose. Try to talk to him. Tell/write him how you feel about he not writing back.

• Yeah. It's part of the game and it drives women crazy. Look at all the posts women put on here, paranoid and all about the guys not calling them back on time. Then they get so happy when he eventually calls. It works. The good thing about it is you never know when we're playing a game or not, because we could really be busy.

• Send him something of mutual interest

or a distress call - whenever you feel like it

• Intentionally? Like I thought "I wanna call her but I won't"? Nope. But if it's like "I want to call her, but I can't" (cause I might be traveling or very busy)? Sure.

What's going on? :P Same dood? Still don't see why bother with that dood (if you are) if you don't expect it to go passed August.

• Maybe. I don't contact a girl if she's being nasty to me. Right now there's a girl - my interest in contacting her has fallen off a cliff. If a girl stops talking to me usually I'll give it more effort to try and initiate contact or make up. If the initial attempts fail... I stop trying usually.

If a girl ignored me for 6 days I'm imagining myself losing interest... browsing for her replacement.

• Not for that reason, but I have spent a long time intentionally not talking to someone.

• Stop all these games and yes tell him how you feel! All this stilly waiting for texts games are for kids, show him you are interested. Before it's too late!

• If a girl LIKES a guy cannot bother to pick up her phone and tap into a keyboard a few letters and then click send, all in all a minute or less process, then she is not worth knowing. I'm not saying she has to reply back in minutes, I would give her a day at least. 6 days is pathetic! I mean she clearly is 1) not thinking of the guy, 2) she clearly must have seen the message and then at least made some effort, 3) so clearly not interested. But going onto your question I have never done this to a girl, I always reply back to women I intend to see again. I'll ignore if I do not like the person, male or female, but I wouldn't wait days to reply back.

• Guys and girls play games with each other. It's not just the girls! I know plenty of guys who will text "hey" and then not say anything for like 2 days just to mess with girls.

What Girls Said 3

• My brothers do it a lot and tell me to do it.

"They can say they 'Miss you' so let them miss you and don't write back quick "

• Just in case you were wondering lads, we hate this and will dump you the second we get a whiff of any such childish

• I had a guy do that to me. Its annoying and childish I think.