GUYS: What do you think when a girl bitches about another girl?

Today I was at a friend's party, and there was this girl with us (she was invited by a friend of mine) who was talking poorly about another girl that went to our school (who was quite pretty and nice to say the least). I personally knew the girl who she was talking smack about so I knew what she was saying wasn't true. So that's when a thought came to mind, what do guys actually think when they hear a female friend (or any girl in particular) call another girl a slut or a bitch or whatever just to make the other girl look bad. Is it obvious to guys? Do they just agree with whatever the girl is saying so that she could shut up and talk about something else? How would you feel if the 'victim' that was a girl you have a crush on (but never actually had the nerve to talk to her so you don't know how she's actually like)? Would that cause you to like the girl less? There are many girls out there who bitch about other girls out of insecurity and jealousy (to either make themselves feel better or because they're threatened by the other girl). Can guys can tell when a girl is talking sh*t out of jealousy/insecurity or do they actually believe what the girls say? Or do they just not care?

Most Helpful Guy

• nothing wrong with bitching about some person here in there if there's a good reason, but if it comes to a pathetic level that's pretty irritating. like she has no life.

and yes in most cases we can see if she's bitching out of insecurity/jealousy.

What Guys Said 5

• I would say that on behalf of most guys, we hate getting in the cross-fire in "b*tch exchanges".

At the end of the day it's how strong and comfortable the person is to stand up against what is being said or done if it is not to his/her liking. The rest is just bull.

• I can't stand when girls bitch about each other, it looks very unappealing.

In that case I assume that she either got a bad personality or/and serious jealousy or self-esteem issues.

I rarely believe when people badmouth someone, anyone, unless what they say makes sense and is backed-up by evidence.

• Girls will generally bitch about one another.

To a certain degree I will put up with it. Maybe tease her about it, call her out on it. But if it's really bad, I will either get nasty, or bail.

• she's clearly insecure if she has to bash someone else.

• Silence shows your acceptance generally. Speak up about it or at least ask for clarification. There are ways you can go about things without making people mad.

What Girls Said 3

• I told my boyfriend that I don't like his roommate's girlfriend (in more words than just that lol). He said he liked that I got all feisty...

• was there a legit reason not to like her? I get that though, I bitched about my ex's roommate's girlfriend (but she had sex with her guy while me and my boyfriend were in the room several times AND while I was trying to study.. so I kinda had a reason why I didn't like her lol )

• When we were introduced, she said hi to me, then showed my boyfriend a pic of her sister doing a handstand in a bikini. That's about the friendliest she's ever been to me. Maybe I don't make enough of an effort to get to know her, but I've always gotten the vibe that she doesn't want me around. Plus, she's loud, bossy, and a huge slob. Finding her underwear in their couch didn't make me like her any better either...

• You would not believe how much guys can bitch too, they are aware of everything you are saying.

• Well I mean, guys talk sh*t about other guys just as much. "That dude's a f***ing tool." or "Oh you know Joe? Yeah what an idiot. Probably hasn't been laid in his life."

I don't really care if he does...as long as he doesn't do it too much.