Will we always be this way, or is it just the honeymoon stage?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8 months now. Everything is perfect and I can see a future with the two of us. We have never had the sort of fight where we yell, don't talk to each other, and it makes my blood boil from anger. We have had a handful of disagreements, but we are able to work them out in under 30 minutes. We are both really good about realizing we are wrong, admitting it, apologizing, and moving on. I know the downfall of many relationships is the guy and/or girl won't admit when they are wrong even if they know it. I am just wondering if, in your opinion, we will continue like this? Or since our relationship is still young, do you think we work things out so well because we are still a new couple?

What Guys Said 1

• It won't stay like that. Arguments WILL happen. That is 100% guaranteed. That doesn't mean your relationship will come crumbling down when it happens though. That's when the strength of your relationship is tested, when things aren't going as perfect as they once were and you work together to move past it. Enjoy each other like you have been :)

What Girls Said 1

• I've been with my hubby for almost 15 years, and I can count the amount of serious arguments we've had on one hand. A relationship is only as good as the people who are in them and as long as both parties are doing their part to keep balance and harmony, yes, it will always be this way.

People do grow and change, especially when you're young. You have to make sure you guys grow together. The only way that can happen is if the both of you are always honest about your feelings and your thoughts, no matter how hard it is say or hear. You must foster an atmosphere of openness, where you won't get punished by being honest. Not everyone is mature enough to do this, but it is the secret to long lasting relationships.

Love believe it or not can wither and fade away like a rose. It's alive, breathing, growing and needs to be fed, given sunlight and cultivated so that weeds don't grow and strangle it. You'll need more than 'love' to keep the relationship right and tight and it sounds like you have the makings of a beautiful friendship in love. Keep it up!

I wish you lots of luck in love!

• Thank you, that was a wonderful answer. I admire you and your husband :)