Are guys who claim to be confused about what they want just stringing you along?

I am just wondering if this is true because I think if a guy & girl are basically together, or they broke up and are somewhat back together but the guy doesn't want to commit because he doesn't know what he wants that he is just stringing this girl along until someone better walks by. Do guys really get confused about what they want or is saying that just a way to avoid commitment but still enjoy the benefits of a relationship?

0|0
1|1

What Guys Said 1

• He might be truly confused.

But the question is what he's confused *about*. He might be confused about choosing between Girl A and Girl B.

Here's the thing:

We can't control other people. All you can do is decide what you want, and decide what's a dealbreaker for you.

Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. I agree totally. When a guy still wants the benefits part of the relationship, they have to string the girl along. Basically, leaving her hanging if you will. Because if he tells you basically what it really is, that he doesn't want a relationship at all period, the benefits part of the relationship are at the risk of being cut off. It's all up to the girl and how she feels. This is a simple case of "have your cake and eat it too, " if you will.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly, plus if you really are confused about what you want you get space and spend time alone to figure out what you want.