Do guys truly prefer more fit, toned girls over chubby girls?

When girls ask if guys mind that they're chubby, guys are always like "No, it's about your personality." and sometimes even "I like a bit of chubbiness." but in actual reality, it's rare that chubby girls get a chance with a certain type of guy. After coming here and seeing all of these posts about how guys hate that their girlfriend has put on weight, I'm not so sure. One guy was even talking about how his girlfriend is so chubby and she had gone out to eat dinner then came home and ate ice cream and he was just thinking "wtf you're getting fat and gaining weight; you look bad, chill with the eating" : / I think that more toned girls or even just girls who don't have that extra belly fat get more attention at the beach and sometimes certain clothes just flatter their body way more. I guess if you look at it a certain way, most girls like it when a guy is fit. Yeah, there are your select few who don't like muscles and don't care. But a majority of girls really appreciate a guy who will get off his ass and work hard to have a nice body. So is it the same for guys? What are your thoughts on all of this?

If there are two girls; one very chubby and one more toned, and they both have amazing personalities. They're both top notch girls; who is the guy more likely to choose?

Most Helpful Guy

• id think fit guys would prefer more fit girls. I've had my fair share of chubby girls, they are just very lame in the sack from my experience. id prefer someone who put as much effort in the bedroom as I did. with my ex it was always the same I had to be on top, she couldn't ever be on top shed get tired right away and id ALWAYS have to be on top. then afterward she's like oh iam so tired, iam just thinking from what? you didn't do anything I did everything. lame lame lame lame

fit girls all the way

What Guys Said 11

• Here's the truth...

Women are NOT all made the same way. Some will be naturally heavier than others. You need to look good for your body type, not the body type you wish you had. A little bit of extra weight is no big deal, but obesity is a major turn off. It sends the message that you are sloppy and have no discipline.

A girl with very prominent curves may think she is fat because she doesn't have the body of a ballerina, but for her body type, she looks great. A guy wouldn't even start flirting with you if he didn't already like your body. Be sure to dress appropriately for your body type, and guys will love it.

• YES on all levels.

Look... physical attractiveness is sub-conscious want. ITS THE FIRST thing, that will attract you to a person in the first place.

Personality comes in last as always.

A guy or girl needs the "comfortable" feeling to be with someone. I can't see myself with a fat/chubby chick for a lot of reasons. First of, I wouldn't find her sexually desirable. Second of all, acceptance from my friends and family, I don't want them saying stuff like "you know you can do better".

• Hmm... I think they are both attractive for different reasons. I find fit and petite girls to be attractive but I also find the curvy girl with more meat on her bones attractive too.. I honestly don't think one is better than the other.

• I'm just going to come straight out with this. If you're a chubby girl, it projects the idea that you generally don't live a particularly active life-style, and/or your eating habits aren't the top priority to you. If you're then asking why toned, muscular guys don't want to be with you, it seems pretty obvious to me. These guys want someone who have a similar outlook on life to them, someone who loves to stay fit and eat well, because that's what they love.

"majority of girls really appreciate a guy who will get off his ass and work hard to have a nice body"
    The majority of guys who do work hard for that body, appreciate that quality in a woman. If you'd like to live the chubby lifestyle, you're probably better off with a less fit guy. Of course, I'm referring to dating at the moment, casual sex is a totally different proposition.

• Women's definition and men's definition of "chubby" are very different. When a girl says she's chubby, she probably has 5-10 lbs of fat more than she'd like. When a guy says that a girl is chubby, it's because she's more like 50-100 lbs overweight.

• Yeah, of course men like healthy, fit women better than chubby girls. That's a no brainer. However, I can understand your confusion, as lots of men on this site will lie in order to no offend people. I don't care about offending people.

• Yes, guys do prefer fit, toned girls over chubby girls.

• On the update: toned girl since I work out 3-4 times a week.

• Given your description they would always choose the fit girl, like almost always

Our eyes and brains are attracted to definition and symmetry. We like to feel the contrast on a women.. if she's Chubby, not much contrast since everything just feels soft

A fit girl, her back is hard, her arms are somewhat hard soft... but her ass is soft her legs are tonned soft. the feel of all that combined with a visually pleasing shape is just more attractive

• Tbh it dose t really matter that much, as long as u have a nice ass and u aren't obese pretty much any guy will be Tryna fuck u

• Yes, I'd say so. I like both a lot, but a skinnier girl will probably grab my attention first.

• @update: The toned one probably. I'd go for the one with the prettier face, but if both of those are equal, I'd go for the toned one as well. That shouldn't be taken as chubbier girls are unattractive. It's just that one has a leg up on the other.

• that's sad

thanks for being honest though without being offensive

• Nothing to be sad about. We like to see that variety. I don't think you'll have much of a problem. I'm just going off the perfectly ideal situation that you gave me. It doesn't really work like that.

What Girls Said 4

• I think a lot of girls misunderstand what guys mean here. Guys don't typically like chubby girls, they like curvy girls. Meaning girls who have big hips, butts, and boobs but are skinny everywhere else.

• fUK THAT. MY legs are chubby and my bellY is really flabby and I don't give a FUK and i'll continue to eat FOOD cause I love it and boys can kiss my big fat ass or not. THE END.

• Truly prefer? No. Guys have different prefrences when it comes to girl's bodies.

• I don't think you're going to get a straight answer. I'm not skinny or athletic and I've had no problem getting "attention" from the opposite gender for the most part.

Some men do prefer thin and/or athletic girls, others prefer medium sized curvy girls, others prefer larger women. Some like a little of each! Most everyone loves the VS-body types, but that doesn't mean that's all they like!

• All of that sounds great hypothetically, but when I go out into the real world and observe the type of female most guys are checking out and choosing to date/be their girlfriend; she is more on the toned or skinny side and if she is curvier, she has big breasts or a big butt. I've never seen a guy date a larger girl with a flat chest and a flat booty. Something about that doesn't sit well with me. You can say "Some men like this, some men like that" but come on, lets be real here

• umm obviously, do girls flirt with chubby guys when they first meet them... i mean we can sit here and say yea they have a great personality but as you said, "in the real world" most girls dont just flirt with a chubby or fat guy... what exactly doesn't sit well with u? that guys dont want a larger girl with a flat chest and a flat booty, because it makes total sense to me, look at it the other way... girls dont want a fat dude with no confidence...