Does hanging out with different boys look slutty?

most of my close friends are boys, and all of them don't know/ ain't close to each others, so I tend to hang out with one or two boys alone, whether it's at the local mall or bar, and usually people I know see me with different guys.

My mom thinks it will give me bad reputation, but really they're just my friends.

What do you think ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares what other people think?

I have a lot of female friends who prefer to hang out with guys. In todays society I think its normal.

Dont worry about what people think, the right guy will come along and sweep you off your feet =)

• Thank you for answering :) I've told her this lots of times but really she wouldn' listen :D haha

• Hey, tdmutchler - it DOES matter what your mother thinks. In fact, it matters until the day she dies. Nobody in your life will ever love you the way your parents do, so don't be so quick to dismiss a mom's concern.

The girl asking this question needs to listen to her mom, and maybe talk to her about who these guys are, how she knows them, what time she expects to be home - EVEN IF she is an adult. It's what civilized people do when they care about each other.

• I didn't mean that what her mom thinks doesn't matter.

Of course it does, I'm a mommas boy till the day I die.

The thing she needs to do is sit down with her mom and explain that times have changed, a lot of girls prefer hanging with guys because they don't want to deal with other girls emotional problems.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it will give you that bad a reputation, unless all these people talking about you are just that stupid. Either way, let people talk. It shouldn't affect you. Plus these people are your friends. So that shouldn't affect your choice for who your friends are. Your reputation shouldn't matter here. Who cares what people think? Why should you?

• if you makeout or f*** them. then it is slutty

• Probably, but most girls in general are, so it's not really going to affect anything.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it will and more than likely some of the same boys you hang with will be the ones damaging your rep. Some guys will lie, or let people believe they're hooking up with you when they hang out so they can look cooler. A lot of guys don't like to be in the friend zone, it makes them look lame in their eyes to other guys, so if someone asks him about you he might say that he's hitting it to save face. This has happened to me, other girls I know and been the topic of countless episodes of television shows such as Boy Meets World and Everybody Hates Chris lol.

Your mom is right. Get some girl friends

• Well no.. I go through the same thing as long as you know you are not doing any think bad that you are not so pose to do

• I think it's not good in the eyes of other people if you are always seen hanging out with boys. Well most of them would look at you differently... Of course that will be the first impression.. you can never change that. That is society