This girl at work broke up with her boyfriend and we are connecting. What should I do?

There is this girl at work who recently broke up with her boyfriend last month who she dated with for a year and a half. We were always friendly at work but it seems we have grown a lot closer especially when her relationship started to go bad. we text quite a bit about 2-3 times a week for about an hour at a time. I just don't know if I am asking her to hang out too soon. also if I get rejected I don't want work to get awkward because we get along great. but then again I feel ya never know until you try. what do you all think? this is really starting to bother me.

Most Helpful Guy

• It may be hard to hear, but I think she's either A) on the rebound and looking for something to fill the void that's been filled for the past year and a half or B) she's just looking for comfort. In either case, it would be wrong to take advantage of her vulnerability. Wait a few weeks or a couple months, and if the feelings are still there, then you should act on them.

What Girls Said 1

• Run away.

You'd be rebound material. No bueno.

What Guys Said 3

• Office romances are not "the" best place to meet/date people.

Bc everyone has their own little quirks and perks about themselves.

Also! if things (romance) get to be a bit too much!

Then! look what you have to do ea. day?

Face seeing her!

And she the same!

The list is just endless!

• Well instead of thinking I like ger ill let her know.

Go like I like her but I don't let her know

Your going to get hurt if you let her know, besides nothing is wrong to hang out with your colleagues after work you know

• don't ever get involved with a co worker. period.

unless you're a boss and you can fire her.