Have you ever been on a blind date?

This is the deal. My supervisor wants to set me up on a blind date with a friend of his. I'm 20 and the guy is 30 I've never been on a date always done the "we should hang out" never an official date. So obviously never been on a blind date. I don't know if I should let him set me up or not. I'm afraid the guy is gonna be walking towards me and see that I'm a kid and walk away . Do you even get all dressed up for a date? I'm pretty but what if I look too childish for a guy 10 years older?

Most Helpful Guy

• just go with an open mind and the attitude that your just going on a date, spend sometime with a new person and get to know them a bit. its not a marriage proposal just a date so have fun.

What Guys Said 7

• Having your supervisor involved in your dating life is HUGE mistake. First of all he could be charged with employee harassment (different than sexual harassment). Secondly, ask yourself where you will be with your supervisor if you and your blind date don't click or the date is a bad scene. Third, you can be sure your blind date will be giving your supervisor the details of the date and even the relationship if one eventually develops. Thinking much further out, your supervisor might end up knowing the details of sexual intimacy.

My best advice is don't even think about it.

• I was wondering how to tell you (QA) how there are so many problems with this and Longshot did it quite well. Listen to this. Also, this guy has 10 years on you and could really pressure you sexually and you would be afraid to say no because of your supervisor. Thank him for his interest but say no. If he wants a reason just tell him you do not do blind dates.

• Sort of... I took a cousin of a friend out one time for a high school dance. She was horrible. Very rude and disrespectful. The only time we spent time together was when we were obligated to take photos. The rest of the time she had used our "date" to get in with the hotter high school guys (she had just turned 16, and I was, I believe at the time, 18. It felt like a HUGE difference to me, but I made an effort.

Other than that, no.

Personally, dating and work don't seem to mix well very often. Even if you both aren't from the same office or area, etc, having your supervisor involved could get tricky, especially if he or she is a gossip or won't drop the subject if things don't work out.

20 to 30 isn't always a huge difference... sometimes it is. That wouldn't be as much of a concern necessarily as the work thing.

• This is already harassment, you're basically being told to date an older guy you don't know...I can pretty much guarantee how he expects the date to wind up, don't you think?

• Hmm, I don't think a 30 year old guy is going to be upset at the idea of a date with a 20 year old girl. He'd probably like that a bit.

• What do YOU want? A 30 year old is likely looking for someone to be serious with.

• I've never been in a serious relationship so I don't know what to expect. I do want to meet this guy but I feel like a dte is too much presure and prob awkward.

• This doesn't sound like something for you, honestly.

• Id like to try it, sounds fun.

• 10 years is not big deal and I have never been on a blind date

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of guys like younger women.

Not just that, I'm sure your supervisor feels this guy may have a lot incommon with you if he feels confident of a setting up a date for you.

Nerves are normal, because you are going to meet someone you only have an idea of.

All will be fine.

• bad idea. your supervisor might end up knowing all about your business with this man.