He messes with my head?

Me and my ex split up 5 month ago (not the first time). He now has new girlfriend. He got in touch with me saying he missed me and wanted to be friends so after 5 month I thought I was strong enough to cope with meeting him and being friends. It was going really well and I could feel my feelings coming back for him and he said he felt the same. After a few more times of meeting he said he was definitely going to end it with his girlfriend and we could try again but slowly. I kept asking him if he had ended it and he kept saying "give it a few more days" - I gave him an ultimatum and said I want to know today me or her and he said I was pressuring him and it could never work now. I feel so stupid. How could he go from saying he loves me to not wanting to try with me now. I don't know what to do - I don't know whether he is confused or if enjoys hurting me like this. My head is a mess because I love him so much

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds to me like he doesn't know what he wants, and that he wants to have his cake and eat it too. I suspect if you really sat and thought about it, this isn't the only instance in his life where it would seem that things are fairly just given to him and he takes this for granted, and that he straddles the fence on any number of other issues, this way he, one doesn't have to actually commit to anything and two isn't ever really at fault for anything either. Commitment not only takes work, but takes a wiliness to accept responsibility for not only your actions but your emotions as well, and it sounds to me like he is not ready to accept this level of responsibility or maturity. I would advise you to stay away from him and find someone who doesn't have commitment issues and can love and appreciate you for who you are. I hope this helps some.

What Guys Said 1

• He is playing games because by doing this he can control you, because in the end you will just want him whether he has a girlfriend or not, so ditch this nob, he's not worth your effort, and he had no intetions of being with you, he just wanted you to run after him, something his girlfriend probably isn't doing so he uses you to boost his ego, this guy is so immature he's barely started puberty, so get rid of him, your talents are worth more than he can ever provide you,x

What Girls Said 0