Ex and I broke up a few years ago. Why does she stay around?

This ex and I broke up a few years ago. We have remained friends and have been on and off a lot. We still talk a lot, she is the main person I text and I am sure its the case for her as well. We fight a lot over me being clingy and needy. I get in the way of her relationships cause her boyfriends don't ever like me talking to her still. Why does she stay around? People tell me its because she still really likes me but doesn't want that serious of a relationship yet but I don't want to give myself false hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• You broke up a few years ago and you aren't even 18 yet? So you dated when you were what? 13 or 14? Puppy love, don't think too hard about any of this stuff, 10 years from now she'll be nothing but a memory. She is probably still in contact because she cares about you, and she knows you'll be there for her. Hopefully her intentions are pure, some people do just use ya though. Don't let anyone put you on the wayside. They either make you a priority in their life, or they don't. Then it's up to you to react accordingly. Start dating other women, then you'll see some truth in her motive. If she still wants you, you'll be able to tell.

What Girls Said 2

• She's probably attached to you and your odd friendship.

• You 2 get along well and she likes your company, that's why she sticks around.

What Guys Said 0