Well I'm 16. I turn 17 in October. And my biggest fear is that I will never find a boyfriend/spouse. I fear this because I've never had a boyfriend before. One of my dreams in life is to have a beautiful family. So, I feel like time is running out for me. My parents married at 23 and had me at 25. I know I am still young, but I can't help but feel this way. I don't know why feel like time is running out. Anybody else feel that way?
Most Helpful Guy
Dear, you are a young lady. If you're goal is to find a husband in the future, your best bet is to focus on building a better you. That means you keep your body, mind and soul in the very best shape and not worry so much about a man. Boys your age are mostly filled with thoughts of lust and have no concept of marriage or often times even long-term commitment.
- Am I working hard to be the best possible student?
- Am I doing my best to expand my circle of friends to keep me balanced?
- Am I reading a lot to make myself a smarter, more interesting girl (not just to friends and family, but to a possible future boyfriend/husband)?
- Am I keeping good care of my body? (Staying a healthy weight, dressing in a flattering but not overtly sexual manner, getting plenty of sleep, eating healthy foods, getting regular exercise)
- Am I limiting my time online/watching television when I could be out meeting new people, including guys?
At your age, your primary focus should be you. Ideally, if you want to get married, a girl has the most choice in terms of men who are going to be interested in you when you're peak attractiveness will be around 20-24. You still have a ways to go. Your main goal should be to improve yourself as much as possible right now and be open to a relationship should one develop, but not rush into one just for the sake of saying you had one.0