Ever feel like you are running out of time?

Well I'm 16. I turn 17 in October. And my biggest fear is that I will never find a boyfriend/spouse. I fear this because I've never had a boyfriend before. One of my dreams in life is to have a beautiful family. So, I feel like time is running out for me. My parents married at 23 and had me at 25. I know I am still young, but I can't help but feel this way. I don't know why feel like time is running out. Anybody else feel that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dear, you are a young lady. If you're goal is to find a husband in the future, your best bet is to focus on building a better you. That means you keep your body, mind and soul in the very best shape and not worry so much about a man. Boys your age are mostly filled with thoughts of lust and have no concept of marriage or often times even long-term commitment.

Ask yourself:

- Am I working hard to be the best possible student?

- Am I doing my best to expand my circle of friends to keep me balanced?

- Am I reading a lot to make myself a smarter, more interesting girl (not just to friends and family, but to a possible future boyfriend/husband)?

- Am I keeping good care of my body? (Staying a healthy weight, dressing in a flattering but not overtly sexual manner, getting plenty of sleep, eating healthy foods, getting regular exercise)

- Am I limiting my time online/watching television when I could be out meeting new people, including guys?

At your age, your primary focus should be you. Ideally, if you want to get married, a girl has the most choice in terms of men who are going to be interested in you when you're peak attractiveness will be around 20-24. You still have a ways to go. Your main goal should be to improve yourself as much as possible right now and be open to a relationship should one develop, but not rush into one just for the sake of saying you had one.

What Guys Said 5

• Dude, first of all you're not even out of high school. Slooooooow down.

Second of all, what's the freakin' rush to do all this stuff? You do realize that having a house and kids is a major way to tie yourself down, and you very well could experience regret at not doing the things you've wanted to do (freely) while you're young and not encumbered with those kinds of things?

• You are only 17. You got many years ahead of you. Not everyone finds their lover by 21. I am almost 22, and never been on a date, or even kissed. I still have years ahead of me if I want to find someone. Don't worry.

• Ya, you have one foot in the grave. It won't be long now. Say your goodbyes...

• I do feel like that all the time, but one thing is for sure...

You got plenty of time.

• Lmao, your only 16. It isn't even that serious. Id probably be worried after 26.

What Girls Said 4

• unless the mayans are right, you got plenty of time... so just relax and enjoy being young

things will happen for you more as a adult. trust me, being an adult is not all that fantastic. I wish I was young again

• It happens to people. Their is no need to worry at your age though.

• Live life and enjoy it you are still a baby.

• Lol, no. I'm still young