Texting free between iPhone and HTC?

I was wondering if I could text free internationally between an iPhone and HTC because this lovely girl I love is on the other side of the world.

I have an iPhone with iMessage using my email to text other Apple devices (iPad, iTouch, iPhone). But I don't know if there is a possible way to text to other phones like the HTC for free. Many thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I recommend you get kik. It's a pretty awesome fast instant messaging app. It's kind of like bbm but for iphones(:

What Girls Said 2

• Textfree or text now (forgot the name) is a free texting app via wifi that can be downloaded on a lot of phones/tablets like iphones, kindle fire, and I think HTC

• Download whatsapp. Its a free app and you can message people free anywhere in the world as long as you both have mobile internet or wi fi.

What Guys Said 4

• There are plenty of texting apps for iPhone in the app store that are fee, work over wifi or cellular Internet and the apps are free.

• I use google chat the same way. My phone runs android but I would assume you can get it on an iphone as well.

• Find out the free text apps in the Apple store, and see if she can download those apps too.

The Whatsapp mentioned is pretty much on all devices.

• The solution is to not get locked down crapple iphones but better stuff.