What are some physical flaws that you wouldn't be able to overlook when looking for an S/O?

I find it really hard to believe that someone would be willing to absolutely overlook all physical flaws in another partner. So I want to know what are some physical flaws that you wouldn't be able to overlook when dating someone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that there is any physical flaw that I couldn't overlook for the right person. There are personality and character flaws but as far as looks no. Not saying it wouldn't be difficult being in public and dealing with judgmental people but I wouldn't care if I found someone who was worth it.

• So you could overlook the bad teeth or scars all over their body, if you were to find somebody with those flaws?

• yea that's why that situation is rare and it would be difficult, maybe if it was a special circumstance where me and the person had to see each other on a regular basis and I just naturally fell for him over time. Actually that's how I fell for all the guys I've been with anyway.

• Alright, I guess that's true.

What Girls Said 15

• The only flaws that would bother me were things in their control like bad teeth (I mean horrible like rotten or missing not just slightly stained) or hygiene. If I truly had a connection with him I could overlook any other thing.

• So you could overlook missing limbs? I don't mean to be a Danny downer but I'm just curious as to how many people could actually overlook that.

• If I felt that connection with someone new or had it with someone already losing a limb would not change my view of them as a person or my feelings towards them.

• Yeah, that's true. Alright, well thanks for answering.

• bad hygiene, missing teeth.

lack of body parts. like missing arms, legs, fingers, eyes, etc. I just can't get past that. :(

but other than that, I can look past any other flaws. I think.

oh and he can't be shorter than 5'1. because I'm 5'1.

• I don't think there's any flaw that I could NEVER accept.

I also think that it's easier for women to accept physical flaws than for men. So, don't worry about it!

• Well I'm not sure how true that statement is. There's shallow people in each gender. Are you saying you could overlook somebody not having any teeth or limbs?

• Physically disabled.

Yellow or missing teeth. (Especially, if it's in the front.)

Excess skin.

Fat, overweight, and obese. (Chubbiness is okay, if he is working on losing it.) link - Or heavier.

Acne.

A huge veiny penis.

Badly bitten fingernails.

Uncontrollable eyebrows. (Please, get rid of the unibrow.)

Bad chin structure.

Big nose.

• Ugly teeth

Too short

• Honestly, I can overlook a lot of things. Things like bad hygiene, yellow teeth, obesity, excess hair, acne etc can all be fixed. However, things that are unfixable for example being physically disabled or body/face deformity are harder to overlook...

• Physical flaws aren't a thing I really thought about but I think I could overlook most if I really loved you. My friend is worried about guys not liking her because she has bad arthritis, I told her if they can't except that then they don't deserve her. I think they would have to be extreme for me to not date you. If you had no arms, and no legs? I don't know I can't really say because I have never been in that situation.

• So you wouldn't be able to overlook the fact that they didn't have any limbs?

• I think I could overlook it if we were together and you fell and broke your tooth, but if I met you and your teeth were rotten then no I don't think I could overlook that.

• Oh, okay. Yeah, I think that would be acceptable.

• I'm not saying this is a flaw, but it is something I do look at. "Height", is one of those I look at.

I'm 5'3" - 5'4". I am not attracted to guys who are shorted than me. What is a flaw you look at in a woman?

• Smoking

Drinking

Bad hygiene, especially mouth hygiene

Shorter than 5'8 (I'm 5'8)

• Smoking and drinking are not physical flaws.

• I agree raptor. And I dated a guy who was 5'6 and it just physically didn't work out. Bending down to kiss someone isn't my thing, or when we cuddled it was weird being held by someone a lot smaller than me. I know it may seem shallow but it's just a preference.

• lol Alright, I guess we all have our preferences.

• shorter than 5'2

lack of hygiene

• yellow teeth.

missing front teeth

beard (ever since I was a child I've felt so awkward when I hug someone with a full on beard)

chapped lips

stank odor

lazy eye (I know, this one is terrible but it's the truth!)

lack of hygiene period.

shorter than 5'4" (i'm 5'4")

• What if they had a beard but they shaved it or if they didn't have a beard and they grew it out? Would you dump them then?

• if they shaved it off for me, I'd be grateful. if they decided to grow one out? I'm fine with a soul patch or a short goatee but a beard longer that 2 inches, let's just say that he wouldn't be getting any loving until he shaved it off. but I suppose one day I'd get over my innate fear of beards someday if the right person comes along.

• lol Alright.

• Physically disabled

Smokes or does drugs

STD

Shorter than 5'7"

Missing teeth in his smile line (I don't care about the back)

Alcoholic

Lazy Eye (I had a crush on a guy with a slight lazy eye so it's not a big deal if it's slight)

Bald or receding hairline

• Missing teeth.

The only thing I can think of right now.

• Well...I find bad teeth a turn off, but my boyfriend doesn't have the greatest teeth, and I still think he's drop dead sexy. So...teeth, I guess. As long as they weren't totally awful.

• Oh...oops, read the question wrong. My bad. I wouldn't be able to overlook a stench, or being shorter than me.

• Yeah, I'm 5'4, so about average. And his teeth are fine, just not pearly white and he sort of has buck teeth up front...his braces will probably fix this though. I'm pretty good at overlooking flaws as I know I am flawed.

• Alright, well I see what you mean.

• The only one I can think of off hand are missing limbs or paraplegics. Sorry. But I'm lazy already. I just think it would be a disaster if I had to pick up someones slack. But those things could happen to anyone. At any time. But walking into a situation like that isn't ideal.

• I agree, I think that would put a heavy burden on somebody who wasn't ready for it or somebody who wasn't ready enough to take care of themselves then having to take care of somebody else would be extremely hard.

• So? I'm black. A lot of you gag guys don't like black women. And generalize them in whatever way. And that's something I have to except.

So why can't I say I don't want to date paraplegics?

• Alright, well then generalize and stereotype all you want.

What Guys Said 9

• Well, I wouldn't be dating them if they had noticeable physical flaws that bothered me, so I guess you mean who wouldn't I consider dating in the first place?

As a matter of "hidden" physical flaws when dating I wouldn't oppose to much except for a penis and, this may sound very harsh, infertility... I want children and such a situation could really cause me a lot of grief. It's not a complete no-go, but I'd definitely would want to avoid that. Yes, it's me being kind of a d***, but I would be protecting her as well, because she would suffer from me hurting later on in the relationship, right?

Excluding from dating in the first place: ugly face, obesity, bad teeth, taller than me (6'4", not likely)

I don't care if she's missing an limb, deaf or blind, or is freakishly short or thin, provided I am attracted to her overall that is.

• No, I can see where you're coming from when you say you wouldn't date a woman who wasn't able to get pregnant. If you want kids that's your right, some other options would be to find a surrogate mother or an adoption agency. I'm sure that not a lot of people could overlook and 'ugly' face.

• Being fat, or obese.

• Alright, I don't think everybody could deal with having an overweight partner.

• Wow girls like taller guys another advantage of being 6'4 lol, anyway things I couldn't deal with are mainly obesity, and 'ugly' I guess, needs to be that physical attraction there.

• Yeah, a lot of girls say they wouldn't date a guy if he was shorter than them. You're right there has to be that attraction to make the relationship work.

• Facial hair.

• That would be pretty hard to overlook on a girl.

• Well, I wasn't exactly being a smartass, I've seen my share of women that basically have moustaches and sideburns. I couldn't be with a woman that is in desperate need of a shave.

• Yeah, I know you weren't. I've seen a couple of women with just about as much facial hair as me, I don't think I could ever be with a girl that has that much facial hair or facial hair at all.

• bad breath/teeth

• Being Fat.

• Obesity. Too much body hair. A penis.

• 1. Cute face. I cannot gaze into the eyes of an ugly girl.

2. Nice hair. I like long straight hair to compliment her face. But not too long and not too short.

3. She has to care about her physique. I don't want a fat girl waddling around the cafeteria. I don't want a retarded pro-anorexic bitch either.

4. Nice pedicured feet. I have a foot fetish.

5. Body hair is a deal breaker. I don't like hairy arms, legs, back, or anywhere that would scream masculinity. If she's blessed with very light fuzz that's not even noticeable then no need.

• 3 includes fit girls who bitch and moan about their bodies even though they have it good. There are a lot in this site and I'd rather find someone else than listen to that pathetic drivel.

• So if she didn't have a cute face, had short hair, was obese, had hammer toes, and had body hair you wouldn't date her? Even if it was just one of the above?

• A penis.