How prevalent do you think online dating is in today's world?

How prevalent would you estimate online dating to be in today's world?

What do you think the percentage is of Americans who are currently dating met that person online?

Have you met someone online that you have dated or are currently dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Man I don't know. Everyone I know would probably hide that sort of thing from others. Maybe 10%?

Never met someone online, except I have had a couple girls add me for pleasant and flirty conversation on like Myspace and Facebook.

• " Everyone I know would probably hide that sort of thing from others. Maybe 10%?"

true statement

What Guys Said 7

• According to a recent study, one in five relationships start online. It isn't just for geeks any longer.

• I only know one or two people who have met their spouse/significant other online. The commercials for Match.com say one out of every five relationships start online. I honestly don't know much about that.

• I'm not sure how prevalent it is percentage wise, but I will say that my girlfriend and I met online

• Well the thing about online dating is, you get all the creeps in the world knowing about you. There's also people like me who don't care for their online persona and will toy around on these sites for a bet with a friend. Expect to do a lot more weeding through a lot more pervs and jerks. I'd say about 80% of the guys on these sites are just looking for hook-ups.

• I'm open got nothing to hide, I met my girlfriend on a social networking site Facebook and I've been with her for a year.

• Yes it is very prevalent. I see nothing wrong with it. I would guess 20 % of people date online?

• I'd say a lot of people have tried it at some point to see what's out there. I don't think many relationships end up lasting from those encounters sadly.

• Why wouldn't they?

• A lack of connection possibly. Also..it sounds terrible but so many of the men on the dating sites are really oddball types or simply looking to find a quick bootycall type of thing.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not sure. I always thought it was reeeeally weird and dorky, but I actually met my boyfriend of two years online. I think it's becoming more common than most people think.

• Hmmm I'm not sure when I consider it among an entire country.

I've dated someone online seriously before. We had plans to meet but they failed because he was an immature, self absorbed a**hole who was obsessed with getting laid; then he couldn't even get screwed.