True or False: Prince charming days are over because of a stupid quote called Nice guys finish last?

Is that quote really true? because I can't imagine any girl that's in her right mind not wanting a nice prince charming or gentleman or classy guy in her life.

I don't know about the other girls, but I am a respectful girl looking for a respectful man!

Bad boys are so overrated to me.

• True
  • False
I wouldn't want a guy who is stuck up & so full of himself & doesn't even care about me! It's so stupid to even want that. I rather for him to be nice & a little clingy (not too clingy) than for him to be a jerk.
Not all girls what a bad boy! What about the girls who want nice guys? If you throw away your kindness the girls who want nice guys will be at a lost.

Most Helpful Guy

• I meant to put false, I blame my smart phone touch screen that is misleading! I don't buy into that, its just non sense to me. A girl who wants to be with a jerk, let her go for it she is not what I'm looking for anyway and I obviously am not what she is looking for so its a win win for me and I dodged a bullet. This "nice guys finish last" thing is just silly to me. In the end the nice guy will eventually find a girl right for him and love her just like she loves him, finding someone you can love is all you need, while the bad boy continues to break hearts and is still alone in the end. That's how I look at it, if that bad boy doesn't grow up, he will live alone.

• He will live alone after he f***ed your girl a hundred times before she wisens up and goes for you

• Well you didn't, sorry for seeing that way because I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. However I disagree with that, if you meet the right girl for you she won't think about cheating on you or think of being with anyway else. If she does she isn't the right when, learn from it and move on, its difficult but can be done.

• My girl was a vigin when I met her but the average women loses it at sixteen an marries at twenty five that's ten years of,her getting blown out by men who are not you. Also I use the uniformitive you as in in general not the directive you

What Guys Said 17

• Beginning:

The "bad boys" don't just come up to you and you immediately think they are those stuck up, full of themselves, and doesn't care about you one bit kind of people. You think they are your princess charming. They are fun and full of surprises, until your their girlfriend for awhile. They treat you like sh*t and you realize you go tricked. Ouch.

Timeline:

Elementary: You have no idea what's going on.

Middle School: Still almost no idea.

High School: Such a prince charming! Must be a nice guy!

College: Women can now recognize a "bad boy" from miles away. Finally noticing that guy sitting in the corner studying. Still some women don't know what's going on.

Job: Everyone is pretty much clear, that the fun is over and it's time to get someone who is decent to you. Now is the time to find a nice guy.

Summarize:

Nice guys are boring.

Bad boys are fun.

School is when you have fun.

After is when you think about having a family, future, and all that bull crap.

End:

We nice guys most of the times end up with the used product.

• this is so sad but true

• If there were more girls like you, the world wouldn't be so...

• "We nice guys most of the times end up with the used product."

That's only assuming you still want them. Kick them to the curb and make them accountable for their choices. :)

• I find it interesting the way the poll breaks down by gender. Right now it is 3 to one men saying "true" and girls saying 4 to 0, saying false. Someone's expectations don't match reality.

• The sooner that you figure out that life isn't a Disney princess fantasy, the sooner you'll be able to have a healthy relationship based on REALISTIC expectations. No guy is ever going to be able to live up to the Prince Charming fantasy.

• Prince charming.days are over when women decided they.wanted to ride the **** carousel before marriage

• Agree. The 'nice guys finish last' quote was probably stated by a woman. Women decided that they will finish last.

• It's true.

We all get thrown in the friend zone only to be brought back out 5 years later when the girl "decides" she wants something better.

In reality, nice guys are the ones waiting for you, but we can only wait so long.

• I would say true because men with honor are no longer respected within American society and personal integrity about one's self is seen as a badge of shame rather than pride for some backward reason and hearing b.s like this being said to you since you were in the cradle will start to get into your head over time even though that you've always inheritly known that it can't be right in reality.

Adolf Hitler put it best when he explianed his sadistic brianwashing of the German people '' Tell the people the same lie over and over agian and eventually they will be able to believe it.'' This phrase was most likely developed by some douche who wanted to get this idea in our heads instead of justice, which is strong, intelligent, and repectable gentleman get the women while the bad boy is condemned to prostitutes for the rest of his life due to his poor treatment of women and disrespect for honorable men.

• Prince Charming days are over because just because a guy is nice does not make him Prince Charming.

Nice guys are all over the place.

If guys were taught to be Prince Charming that would be different, but instead they are taught to placate to a womans needs. Instead of being a strong independent man who WANTS to please a woman, they merely do what they are told they should be doing or are expected to do.

• Nice guys do finish last. Women see to this early on in life. As for prince charming. I think times have changed. The roles of females and males are starting to blur. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just stating what I see. I think along with those changes, chivalry takes a back seat.

Long ago, women were more passive or that's how they acted. Now they are more assertive, even asking men out. Women, to a large degree, shape the dating scene. Guys are not stupid. They see who women are choosing and figure that's the path to getting women.

So, again, I attribute this to the role changes and women's choice in men for the diminished role chivalry plays now.

• True, but is also true that women don't want prince charming or a nice guy. Women want a super fun guy, who is super confident, a social butterfly, who is buff and looks like a surfer. Unfortunately though, men like that don't excist and the reason for that is that men that are really confident or are social butterflies have very high egos and won't just stay with one person when they have so many to choose from and since they have so many people around them, they start to become they are the sh*t, so that is why they are arrogant and d***s.

Wake up women! The popular, good looking, buff guy will never be a nice guy because they don't have to!

• I think the statement became true rather than start true.

• False. Chivalry is so not dead. :-)

• link lolz

Do note #2

• Not all girls do, sure, but the majority do want bad boys according to studies.

Oh well, I don't want most girls anyways :P

• What a person wants and what they are attracted to are often two different things.

• I tried to be nice and it didn't work. Girls looked at me weird and like if I was some kind of psycho because I would hold doors open for them and stuff. What happened? I stopped caring and life is so much better. There are girls who every time they see me get all giddy and and want to talk tome and tell me how long its been since we talked and seriously, I don't even remember their names. There's another girl who would be so uncomfortable and "wary" of her actions because I liked her and now, I don't give a crap, I say what I want to say and may come off as a jerk but she still talks to me and even lets me buy her lunch or a drink, which was something she would never let me do in the past because she thought I was making a move.

Then there's other girls who are joking around and telling me "Can you smile for me? I like seeing you smile" because I never even talk to them and I get called "baby" and "sweetie" by them.

There are some big differences, I'm still respectful to them but that's it, I keep to myself and don't try to be friendly in the least and it has gotten me splendid results and if I choose to move things forward, I have no doubt that I would get there.

My advice? don't be a nice guy, be a guy who respects himself and doesn't try to impress women. This is not being a jerk, this is being sure about what you want and not bending over backwards to please people. As soon as women see you will go those lenghts for their attention, they will lose respect for you.

• False. The quotation is very stupid, yes. But the only people it misleads are the stupid people who wouldn't be nice anyway. And the "nice guys" are just the low self-esteem, anti-social guys who need an excuse to make themselves feel better about not being good with girls.

As for whether chivalry is dead, it's not really. I'm respectful myself. But the "nice guys finish last" saying is really just saying, "If you're clingy and put yourself in compromising situations and don't respect yourself just so you can please others, then for some WILD reason, girls won't like you as much!" So the saying is pretty dumb. Unfortunately, it is somewhat true that if you're too clingy then girls won't like you as much, which is why I can't go around texting the girl I like 24/7. Girls like a bit of challenge or even some uncertainty as to whether the guy really likes her, cause otherwise it gets boring for her (and it's not that great for the guy either if he's not sure if the girl likes him that much but the girl is 100% sure she has him under her arm). But no, chivalry is not dead, and really, once you get past the dating stage then it should become a lot more evident.

• @Update: Yeah, that's why I said that chivalry isn't dead.

• it is true. Women will never date a nice guy. My old friends who were girls just laughed at me and said all I will ever be to anyone is a friend.

• If you were really nice, your "friends" wouldn't say that to you. Clearly, you must have been an ass a lot of the time which would prompt these "friends" to get tired of you and insult you saying you wouldn't be a good boyfriend.

• No. They believed I was gay

• ouch that hurts.

• You're right, no girl will refuse to have a nice guy in her life. However she won't want him there as a boyfriend, just as a friend! Nice guys get friendzoned! Constantly!

What Girls Said 8

• Shit, I pressed "true" by accident. I meant false.

But anyway, it's a shame that guys think that all girls want are bad boys and douchebags now and that we're only looking to "friend zone" the nice guys.

I might add that a lot of these "nice" guys who complain about how horrible women are for this have a serious victim complex and need to stop.

Really, who's going to put food on the table in the future? Who's going to be there when you need him most? Who will never cheat on you and will love you and only you? Certainly not the douchebag, but the nice guy.

Yeah, some girls do want a "bad boy" but they'll realize soon enough that they did not want that, but simply, a guy with a lot of confidence and someone who can protect them.

• a lot of confidence is simply just arrogance and protect them from what? Are you a cavewoman?

• what if it's justified arrogance..? ^-^

• Maybe the guy's arrogance isn't a turn off for the girl. In that case, yay.

• nice question!

and yes, I believe that the percentage of women who go for bad boys to get an adrenaline boost are ruining the chances of guys being true to themselves (meaning: who they are) and therefore honest, kind men who actually give a sh*t. excuse my language, I am known to curse. I know one out of 15 girls who want the dangerous kind of guy instead of the nice guy. it pisses me off. NO not every girl wants a bad ass and NO you don't have to act like a douche to get us. geez, if a girl wants you to do that for her, she's not right for you! even more: she's not right/ready for anyone! so stop blaming all of womankind for ONE wrong person!

And I wish it were different. I mean, it's not like people are that different from one another. we all ultimately want the same, we don't act that different at all. I wish more people would realize that and be better people...

• i don't think prince charming days are over because of the term, "nice guys finish last." I think they never existed. Prince charming does not exist. Nor do the proverbial "nice guy." most guys are on a gradient scale in terms of niceness and badboy. If "nice guys" existed, I'd want one... unfortunately, they don't. nice guys are fairytales like unicorns and mermaids. Just look for a guy that treats you well, you find attractive, and you can stand his faults. That's really the reality.

• I think what girls mean when they say they want a bad boy is that they want a bad boy with a kind heart. (Like the ones you see on t.v) Most of them don't want jerks who neglect or abuse them.

• I say they finish slow.

I mean think about it, women don't marry douche bags and stay together.

• I don't think they're over(at least I hope they're not!). I'd take a prince charming any day over a bad boy!

• I think I've dated 'bad guys' ever since I remember.

And I'm sick and tired of it. They just break up with you like nothing while you were thinking they loved you.

Ive been looking for a nice guy, but It seems they are hard to find or Theyre not into me.

• Not after you were getting f***ed by bad boys when they were home studying what's fair is fair

• its also not funny when you realize your sweet girl friend let men that treat her like sh*t f*** h and stick their d*** in her mouth

• Are you taking out your problems on me? Cause this isn't funny anymore. Your situation isn't mine.

• False I still want my prince charming :)