Guys: is spending alone time ever platonic?

Question!

If a guy is willing to spend time just chilling alone with a girl he hasn't known for a long time, is he ever just being friendly or nice? (Regardless of who initiated plans)

Most Helpful Guy

• Uh, yes...

It's the same way you become friends with anyone, whether they're a guy or a girl.

The only difference is that when it's a guy and girl, there's often (not always but often) the potential to become more than friends. And depending upon the situation, sometimes that's obvious from the get-go. Sometimes it isn't.

But we don't live in medieval ages, where the thought of a guy and girl alone together is something scandalous. So whether you two are alone or in a group has nothing to do with whether it's platonic or not.

Not that you should be ignorant of circumstances. If he just met you a day ago, and he's asking you to have dinner with him, that sure sounds like a date. And as a rule of thumb, single guys are on the look-out for girls they're interested in. But you can't make a blanket statement about all scenarios, or assume that sex is all that's on the guy's mind.

What Guys Said 3

• No. Just no. Seriously, not a chance I would hang out with a chick I barely know without interest in her as something other than a buddy. I don't know any one that would,

• It can be. I do it, but I don't think its common. The only reason nothing is happening with this one friend though is because I don't want anything to happen. I friend-zoned her lol.

• Aw lame (for her)

• Although, I must admit, if she came on strong to me I would probably give in.

• I would go with this, also the 'if she came on strong.. I would probably give in" is so true for most guys lol. Most girls I would spend time with are pretty attractive.

• What HungryDemon said. It's a good way to get to know someone better. And it isn't always to find out if she's girlfriend material. I've had plenty of sh*tty "friends", and I want to find out if she's worth associating myself with.

What Girls Said 2

• It shows interest. Maybe he wants to get to know you better. Doesn't have to like you right off the bat, but shows he's interested in you as a person.

• One thing for sure is that it does show interest.