Do you think that it would be weird for a girl to date a guy a year younger?

In the title..

Most Helpful Guy

• A year younger? Not at all. A year isn't enough of a difference to matter really at all. Plus, it isn't in the numbers it's in the maturity level of the two people. I know people who are extremely immature for their age, and others who are extremely mature. The only time age is extremely an issue is if you're talking legality. Plus, if guys can date a younger woman, a woman should be able to date a younger man. The only reason it isn't talked a bout much is because society was raised on the notion of older guy younger gal. I say, if you like the guy and he likes you, don't worry about that archaic idea held by society.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't. Of course in high school it is more noticeable. Really it is up to the girl. I know couples like the one you mention that worked well. I remember when I was a junior in high school and was close with a girl that was a senior and she could not get past the age thing and it sucked.

If you can do it go for it. Who cares what other people think...

What Girls Said 4

• not at all. I've dated a guy 2.5 years younger than me lol. it depends on how mature he is compared to you.

• Well how much younger are we talking her? A year or two if you're under 18 maybe not that bad unless of course you're 16 with a 14 year old. As you get older the age gap closes some but you really need to be careful when you're younger.

• The guy I like is 1.5 years younger and I think it's fine-it is harder when you're over 18 though because you're classed as the adult and he's classed as the child and he can't go to clubs but you can etc but personally I don't think there's anything wrong with it :)

• alott of my friends date younger guys, but I am in college. some senior girls with freshman guys! I find it weird, and wish I could but I just could never go that yound lol all though there is some cute ones! lol in highschool a year difference is ok I think