The girls you try with the least are the ones you usually get?

True statement? Very rarely I hear of someone get a girl that he pursues/chases hard or at least invests something in. Usually he ends up getting the girl he initially hardly pays attention to or doesn't try that hard with.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not true. I think it's an exaggeration of a truth - that if you try too hard, you won't get the girl. So trying less than your maximum amount will increase your odds of success.

But if you try not at all, or hardly at all, you definitely won't get with her. You've got to make some effort. Just be wary of trying too hard.

What Girls Said 1

• That's called game playing and it applies to high school. In the real world, not so much.

• Don't know about that. I mean, I don't see girls going out with guys who blow up their phones with texts. Attraction seems to have the same roots no matter the age.

• theres a difference between laying it out and showing interest and being smothering... I think you are referring to smothering... would YOU date a girl who texts you ever hour? lol. probably not?

What Guys Said 2

• that is true. I used to chase my ex to all the corners of the world when I wanted her back. but the moment I stopped, she developed feelings for me again.

• Absolutely true. If you try too hard, girls get freaked out. Treat them a bit indifferently and the try to convince you that they are the girl for you.

• yeah, it's only when they feel they have to prove themselves that you're in the gold. Otherwise you're trying to prove yourself, which doesn't end well because who wants someone they think they're better than?

• Women want to be with guys who are better than they are. If you act like the girl is better than you, that makes her feel like she didn't attract too high quality of a guy, but rather a needy one.