If a guy texts you for hours, do you think he likes you as more than a friend?

A co-worker texted me to say "have a nice trip" --- since I was going on vacation. The conversation carried on for about 6 hours (on and off of course) well into his work shift but he continued to talk to me

About 50 texts were exchanged. I like this guy so I made sure to continue the convo.

Do you think the same was true for him? He kept texting because he likes me?

The conversation was mostly joking with one another, playful banter.

At one point, I said "I will tell you but only because I like you" and he texted back in like 3 seconds "sure you do" I responded with "Do I lie?" and he said "Do you lie?"

Is he just trying to figure me out and see if I like him for real?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
don't forget to cast your vote in the poll! Seems like Yes is the favorite thus far.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think yes. But it's something in between. He somewhat knows. He is testing it. And maybe he knows, but he want to know if you say it seriously or not yet.

But I think he likes you for sure. I would not exchange 50 texts and joke in process, if I don't enjoy myself!

• what more can I do?!

• Continue. :)

Do what feels right. Listen to what he is saying to you and bring it up next time. He will know that you remember and you care. You will naturally find out what he likes. Do something for him. :) And most importantly, enjoy yourself too.

What Guys Said 10

• actually we can't say about somebody whether they likes us or not without any kind of confirmation rather than texts but as far as your description says I assume that he's interested in you , so if you're really interested in him then why don't you ask him out for a coffee or a casual movie ? you'll at least know afterward whether he's interested or not according to his reaction

good luck :)

• Sounds like he at least as a vested interest in getting to know you, I personally would invest 6 hours of my time texting someone unless I had some interest in them.

What that interest is I don't know - It could be to get to know you, to want to date you, or maybe just a fun hookup. I guess you will just have to wait and see :)

• Well I already know him, we've worked together for a couple years now. In the past 2 months or so we have become closer and talking a lot more. My gut tells me he likes me as he seeks me out for lunch break at work (doesn't do this for other girls), he teases constantly, accuses me of having crushes on guys he knows I don't like...

• Well everyone is telling you yes, and your gut is telling you yes, so I'm sure the answer to your question is "YES". Stop worrying about it and go for it!

• haha I overthink things, obviously. I'm just scared! :/

• Looks like he probably likes you :)

• It sounds like he's interested, I wouldn't carry other convo for that long if I wasn't interested in the girl

• thats what I'd do if I liked someone! he likes you I think!

• maybe, he sounds intersted in you at the very least

• I think he likes you more than a friend. I wouldn't even text that long to a girl I'm not interested in.

• Agreed, I will not text guys I am not interested in for that long!

• As a general rule, I don't really start conversations or keep a conversation going for six hours if I don't like a girl. I mean, would you? I think he likes you.

• For me- I don't usually start text conversations with guys I am not interested in (unless it is my best guy friend- but we are purely friends and nothing more)

And if a guy I am not interested in texts me, of course I will answer but I am not as witty and certainly would not try and keep the convo going for a long period of time. (bc I wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea!)

• Exactly. I mean when it comes to friends, of course we text here and there but we both know we are friends. If its a person I don't like, I tend to take long to respond and I'm just very dry and don't give her any indication of humor and wit. I have a sarcastic personality so if I'm not joking and being sarcastic, its better for the girl to hit the road, because I am not interested in the least :P

• but the question is-- how do I know I am not just a friend to him? I think he likes me back though.. thanks

• He likes you. If he didn't he wouldn't be wasting his time talking to you that much. Just flat out ask him if he wants to do something with you. He will probably be jumping for joy.

• perhaps, if I work up the courage!

• There's interest there at the very least. I could not imagine texting a female that I only liked as a platonic friend for a period of 6~ hours.

• That's what I'm thinking...

I know I wouldn't continue the convo for that long if it was another guy who texted me.

• I'd go with that gut feeling. If you're digging him I think there's enough there to continue the playfulness and see where it goes.

• I think the problem is that we work together and both of us like each other but are afraid to admit it. We don't want our co-workers to find out, we don't want to ruin our friendship and so neither one of us wants to make the first move. arghhhhhh hah

What Girls Said 4

• I'm thinking he likes you, and he may kinda have the feeling you do too.

Go for it! :)

• so wouldn't that give him the confidence to ask me out!? He has to have SOME feeling that I like him as more than a friend.

• I think it could. He may be really interested- especially with the long conversation. Is he in a relationship?

If not, go for it!

• No I am almost certain he is not in a relationship. In fact, I think he is very inexperienced when it comes to girls. We work together so that is what makes me hesitant. I don't want things to be awkward if he doesn't feel the same! I texted him tonight, and he responded but the convo didn't carry on. he was at work though...

• hahaha that's why I'm thinking he hasn't made a move-- inexperience.

• Yeah, he may be shy. You may have to make the first move if he won't.

• I think he likes you because from my experience many guys hate texting unless it's with someone they like.Odds might be he was just bored but it really looks like he likes u.

• i thought this too once

turns out the guy was just using me for connectons. once he got a better job, we are no longer even friends. it was just an act. its taken me years to trust people again since

• D'aaawww, that's a downright douchebag!

• sorry to hear. well he is not using me for my connections I know that for sure. I have no connections, he has more than me I'd say.