Should I text him back or what?

I met this guy and he asked me out, but I found out he's 10 years older so I don't want to go out with him. He doesn't know I know because I found out through Facebook. He knows how old I am, though, because it came up when we were talking. And I can't believe he failed to mention he's that much older.

Anyway, we texted a little the last 2 days and the conversation isn't exciting at all. I tried to reply really slow so he'd see I'm not interested. My friend told me to just stop replying, so when he texted me last night, "so when do you want to go out?" I didn't reply. He didn't text me all day and about 30 minutes ago I got "hey" and I don't know what to do now.

Should I just not reply again?

The age thing matters because I'm 19 and he's 28.
I don't want people to think I'm just some rude bitch. He really caught me off guard and I thought he might be older, but he kept saying he was in college, so I assumed he was around my age. I just looked him up on Facebook to check him out a little before going on a date. It's just too much of an age gap for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he didn't bring up because he thought it was unimportant or you could either already tell.

If you reply, he's probably going to ask you out again at some point. So depends on if you want to at least be friends, then you'll have to let him know it's not going more serious than that; if you want to stop talking with him, don't reply. Silence speaks volumes so he'll eventually get it.

What Guys Said 4

• That does not look like a very exciting conversation to me. I would just say to him "sorry, I do not think we should date"

I tend to date young, and the way I look at it, anyone could bridge an age gap if

1) He makes you laugh.

2) He more than keeps up with you physically.

3) He is genuinely young at heart - not pretending

4) He has something to show for his age

And of course it works same way for both genders and for older not just younger.

If you do not like him, automatically means he has not bridged the age gap - there's no point for you to underwrite all sort of potential issues that couples with a big % age gap might face, if there's nothing on the upside and you are not gaga about the relationship even going in.

• Don't be rude. Text him back and tell him that he just "seems" so much older than you and that you don't think it would work, but that you didn't want to him hanging.

• Nah.. don't give him an opportunity to try to talk you into anything. If you feel uncomfortable with the age difference, just ignore him. It won't take much longer for him to realize you changed your mind. At this point it he isn't in love with you. He will easily move on.

• Coleen, you have yet to learn common courtesy at 40 years old? Seriously, if I'm not interested in a girl and she contacts me, I tell her the truth. It is really rude for a girl (or guy) to assume that you're going to make plans, set time aside out of his week and then blow him off or not respond. That behavior is shameful.

• Ten years, who cares? Age is just a number. However if you are going to give up on what might be a good thing, you should tell him why, instead of just ignoring him.

• your ugly and guess what there are guys who are out of certain girls leagues and before you say girls are better looking rub off their make up then come talk to me. loser.

• age is just a number? It says a lot the maturity levels and life experiences alone will be enough for it to not work in most cases.

• Dude your first rude comment makes no sense. Sober up and try again.

• You won't run into him again will you? I'd just stop texting.

What Girls Said 4

• I put this down in the comment section below as a response to someone else, but don't give him an opportunity to try to talk you into anything. If you feel uncomfortable with the age difference, just ignore him. It won't take much longer for him to realize you changed your mind. At this point it he isn't in love with you. He will easily move on.

If people think you are a bitch, so what. It's your life. You need to be and act confident to be with the one you want to be with. Just let it go. This worry will be gone soon.

• At this point, ignore him. He will go away.

• i actually had the same problem once I'm 16 and the guy was 42 & never tld me so I slowly texted sometimes I would replay sometimes I wouldn't & he finally got on my nerves and I tld him "im sorry age is not the issue here but I'm just not into yu I'm sorry I hope we can be friends sir." after that he'll b upset but will realize your serious and stop bothering yu! hope I helped!(: good luck!

• 9 year disparity is not that much, but if you don't like hime, just tell him that you know his age and you're looking for someone at your age.