Do you believe in natural selection (in) dating?

I am a girl, of course. But since it is the summer and all and I am newly single, do you consider dating just for fun is OK? I mean if you date/see someone for a while, but you find someone else who fits your needs, can I go to that guy instead?

What are both genders' opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there's anything wrong with dating several people, as long as you help pay the bills and don't use the other person for any expenses incurred along the way. It only becomes a problem when someone else does all the paying, thinking it is leading somewhere, when you might not really want it to lead anywhere in the long run. That's stringing someone along. If you avoid that pitfall, date away.

What Guys Said 4

• Dating SHOULD be just for fun, and you SHOULD be free to go with whomever you wish...but it often seems like people feel obligated when someone has been paying their way for a while.

• "Natural selection" isn't what you're saying here in this post, just a heads up.

Anyway, I think as long as you make it clear that you're seeking something casual and fun only, then your bases should be covered.

• As long as you clearly state your intentions then you have nothing to be afraid of :)

• Just be honest with you and everyone involved.

What Girls Said 3

• As long as you're all on the same page, there's no harm in it at all, it's summer..why not have some fun?

• i think as long as everyone understands where they stand in the relationship and you're not trying to hide anything it should be fine.

• it is okay but just consider that dating someone more than a few times can get emotionally tolling if it does not go somewhere.

if you are not exclusive you can go to another guy.

it really depends. me personally, I get attached. even if you are not exclusive but you see each other often and talk all the time, it starts to become like a relationship.

and there is the possibility of both of you wanting different things

if you just casually date I wouldn't stay in it more than a month or so. from a girl who has experienced it, the longer you stay the more attached you get. so just keep that in mind.