Can you admit that you've been in the wrong when there is a fight or disagreement in a relationship?

This has always been very hard for me. But after months of blaming someone else, I have to admit that mostly, it was my fault.

Most Helpful Guy

• This used to be hard for me until I met a really 'together' woman who convinced me my behavior was wrong. I had to accept her judgment, finally.

What Guys Said 4

• Absolutely, I prefer to defuse a heated moment than fuel one, and I would even take the blame if it calmed things down, but obviously this doesn't always become an option, but when I am wrong, I am happy to admitt it,x

• When it comes to relationships, I often have to admit I was in the wrong, even when I wasn't. Just to calm things down and smooth things over.

When it comes to the ladies I'm not in a relationship with, I just don't care enough to continue the argument. I state my position, and that's that.

• sometime it's what you're committed to in your relationship and it not easy but admitting you're wrong doesn't really cost you anything..Acknowledgement can help a relationship really grow strong and move forward...try giving up being right even when you know your right...exercise that mussel more often and it will get easier and easier...

Being right doesn't really give you anything but most of the time it cost you a lot...giving up being right works like a charm in a relationship.

• Not often. It is my biggest downfall. I have lost people that were good to me in my life because of this. I am also a hypocrite. I tell people that life is short, too short to be so petty to "have to be right". I am full of SHIT. Good question anon- 5 stars

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah I can. Sometimes you lose some, sometimes you win someone. You should pick your battles especially in relationships. Just for the sake of it. It's terrible for me to have a fight with my boyfriend and I'd usually just let go so that the relationship can proceed in peace. Obviously it's important to talk things out and understand the argument but at some point you need to say "okay let's get over this and move on" and then you admit when you are wrong.

• Definitely, I think always in a relationship by admitting that you feel its your fault it will allow you to build up your relationship even stronger! I think always when you admit it the other person always mostly will grower fond of you too. However, it is easier to admitt mistakes at ealier stages then wait too long. But if you only feel you made a mistake later it is also best to admitt straight after you realize it. It also means that when the other person makes msitake they would feel comfortable to admitting their mistakes too :)

• yes

• yes. when I think I'm at fault I admit it, I even swallow my pride and apologize

• +1 and thank you. I learned some very bad habits from my parents. Sadly I have been to childish to break some of those bad habits.

• thats alright cause trying "to be right" always are BORING at times :))