What do you do when you have nobody to hang out with?

Do you go out by yourself?

Do you stay in?

Do you belong to a group of friends or are you more of a loner?

Well for those of you who are more of a loner/ stay in type of person...

do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend, have you ever had one?

How did you go about getting one if you are mainly alone?

Does your girlfriend boyfriend care that you are a loner and don't have much of a life outside the relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Right now I have nothing to do until my friend gets out of summer school so I'm drinking iced coffee in the backyard blasting music and on this site on my iPhone. Usually I watch movies, listen to music or just go out by myself, no biggie

• @update: my boyfriend was a complete loner when I met him, didn't hang out with friends, usually alone an not much of a talker. He joined an after school club that I helped run and that's how we met, and since then he's really come out of his shell and is willing to hang out with my friends, doesn't always participate and likes to go off alone at times while with us but he enjoys himself now :)

What Girls Said 8

• i would catch a movie, go to the gym, go buy stuff. call up a few friends to catch up...i wish I have more time to do these stuff...

i am not good with hanging out with a group of girls and gossip about stuff...

i am more interested in spending quality time one on one with a friend.

• i am the same way, though I am more of a loner I guess, I try to get out but it's hard. and I do find that I am better at talking to people one on one rather than in a group. parties are also difficult for me to have fun at even when drunk. I wish I wasn't like that, but I can't get loose and comfortable at parties

• I am OK at parties. I enjoy chatting about things. You can go to a book store read about diff. Things that interest you. Sign up diff. Activities to do on weekends that requ. you to meet diff. people. Then you will have thi gs to talk about. At your age I was still a bit ackward. Just one step at a time. Find something g you are comf. And learn more about it. Read it. Good luck

• I have a big group of friends but I enjoy my own company, I always have people to go out with but I choose not too, I'll go out once properly once a week - sometimes not even that. I work hard and like to be on top of that and I'm a big film fan so I amuse myself and have movie marathons alone. I also like to cook so I'll do that too. I go shopping by myself because I prefer to go at my own pace and sometimes hit the beach alone but I usually have company by the end of the day.

• Hi there, good question. I think everyone paints a certain picture of how things should be by comparing themselves to other people. You have to realize that you are unique and there is no one else in this world like you, so what works for others does not necessarily work for you. I personally was a nomad lol. I had several groups of friends that I would hang out with based on my interests. I am a pretty well rounded person so I it would very tough for me to find one friend that likes everything I like. I had friends who were into sports, I had friends who were into shopping and makeup, I had male friends I could play video games with, friends who loved to read books, when I was single different friends who liked to go out etc.

• If its the movies I will go by myself but people like my sister go to bars alone and that's not happening with me lol

• I actually tried going to a bar by myself, I've been going into a wings and ribs place for a while to get takeout and eat at home. but this past weekend I went to a different bar and actually ate there, it wasn't too bad, but it was still pretty early maybe about 6-8 oclock and there werent many people there yet. but I sat at the bar with the only view of the TV and a couple sat near me and said nothing to me so it was fairly easy. it did take me week to decide I had enough guts to do that. scary

• Yeah I could really only do that at the bar down the road from my place not because people know me but they know my sister lol I don't know its comfortable but I still won't go

• I'm a complete loner.

Sometimes I go out - but only to places where its acceptable to be alone (ex: shopping, fast food, etc. NOT things like the movies or a restaurant)

Most of the time I stay in though. I have no life.

• I am the same way, though I try to find friends, I'm 25 years old and I have become very tired of doing nothing but those things you listed. I have started to go to the movies by myself, & its not too bad. its easy to go at a time when less people are there, you go early and get your favorite seat, it's funny because before everyone sits down, I have started to do this at bars too, I have to do something, and maybe just maybe a beautiful girl will come by lol, but that's just a dream

• very cool, that would be hard to learn to play stand up. but that would be amazing if you did. What kind of music do you play?

• Any music. (except rap, country, and pop, but they don't have much bass anyway)

• I think on a deeper level, we are dissatisfied with ourselfs when there's no one there to keep our mind busy, with silly usless stuff.

We use the planet to the extreme and we don't go back to it to replenish it with our deeds back. so we become useless and alone. No one here talks of getting together to do something for the earth that we use so much. No one ever says lets get together and do something in a group or by ourselfs for the cause of what holds us together. Even for an elder. So that's why people feel isolated.

• I've always been a loaner so it doesn't bother me to do things by myself if I really want to. It's very rare I'll stay in if someone won't go out with me, only for a select few things that are really only fun with other people (amusement parks or the zoo). Also I've never really had any big groups of friends, just a few at a time, but we will have an occasional get together with lots of friends of friends.

• to your update: no I am not in a relationship and never have been. The most has been FWB, which they wouldn't really care what my life outside of that is. I can't really say how I would go about finding a relationship, or what someone who is real relationship material would think of my not-so-existant social life.

• I've tried going out by myself and I've tried staying in -- depending on the event, I'll go on my own, since you can't hang your life on what other people want to do. If I stay in and miss the event I wanted to attend while my friends are out doing their thing, there's nothing interesting experienced, nothing to talk about the next time I see them. There are only one or two activities I won't attend alone (like going to a club), because I've already had a negative experience doing so. It's the sort of environment where you want to be with at least one other person so you're not carted off by the wrong sort while you're there.

I am sort of a loner, but only because most of my friends are married with families and I'm single, etc.

What Guys Said 5

• I have no friends, no lovers within 2 hours distance and no one to just hang out with... In 'wet spells' if you want I spend time with my family on my fathers side, but we sort of drift in and out of connection, as is to be expected I guess. They are party animals. If I'm really desperate to go out I'll go to a local bar where there are old lizards, stalk out for someone I know, talk to them, announce my plans to get drunk and proceed to get VERY drunk and talk to everyone. Usually get a few numbers, Facebook adds, whatever; four months of disappointing struggle to hold down a friendship. Most of the time, I'm on my computer and I have the best bunch of online friends I could ever ask for.

• When I don't have anyone to hang out with, I usually cut ice cream cartons into little tiny pieces.

• im a introvert so any welcomed privacy is amazing, I'm not shy, I just don't like being around people its exhausting. So I usually read and ponder things it keeps me entertained for hours

• I stay in and do math all day, I go to the gym, I try and do gymnastics I'm really good at it.

I have found my friends I belong to a group of friends I don't want to upset the balance.

• I don't belong to a group of friend because I'm too shy to talk to anyone and I don't want to go out on my own so I stay in and spend time on the pc and playing the guitar. In October I will go to live in a city when I go to university and I'm hoping to make friends and go out more

• Thanks! :)

• Update: I have never had a girlfriend, but I have met a girl online who likes me and she lives in the city I am going to move to so we'll probably get together then :)

She knows I don't have friends but it doesn't bother her (she didn't have when she was younger, even if now she is extremely popular) and I think being around her (with her being extremely confident) will make me confident enough to make friends :)