Is there a time in a relationship where it just isn't worth fight for?

Other then cheating and or physical and mental abuse. Is there a time where you should quit a relationship? I'm in a relationship for the past 4 and a half years we have 2 children together so it is a little more complicated then just get up and leave. It isn't that e fight all the time but I just feel like he doesn't appreciate me and with all that I do. I joke that he is here just for food and sex. But that's how I really feel. Then when something happens it is all my fault he make feel that I'm the screw up and he is perfect. He just doesn't seem to acknowledge that he make mistakes too. I always need to apologies first and he never says sorry. I just don't know what to do. He really believes I'm the problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hope you are hanging in there sweet beautiful lady. I am always thinking of you and hoping you are happy.

• Thank you, that's very sweet.:)

• Good. He would be such a fool to lose you

• I think he would be a fool too

What Guys Said 1

• You and 7gnat are right :)

What Girls Said 2

• Certainly, sometimes people grow apart, and who is it fair to to stay together at that point? Not either adult, and definitely not the kids, either.

I kind of want to say that you ought to build yourself a thicker skin and quit doing what he has come to expect of you. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. And why should you always apologize? A relationship is between two people. If there's a problem, then fault lies with both people somewhere. You can't make it work without his cooperation, and if he isn't willing to offer up as much as he expects to receive, then he's got another thing coming.

Never forget what you deserve and never be afraid to tell someone when they aren't meeting the standard.

We don't have kids, but this sounds so similar to issues I've had with my boyfriend, it isn't even funny. We're still learning how to work together, and we're still finding our groove in the way we handle things, but what never fails us is sitting down when we're both calm and talking over what we want to see changed, what we think the other could do differently, and what we're willing to do in an effort to remedy the problem.

That takes care of three important things. First, we have our problems on the table, we see what the other is struggling with. Second, we express something that we think could be an option for each other as a simple suggestion. Third, we have the chance to see what's going on through the others' eyes and we have the opportunity to help it in a way that is appealing to ourselves.

When you take out the blame game, compromise gets so much easier.

• Our pastor is going to council us, so that hopeful we can learn to deal with our issues in a healthy way. And to hopefully open up some comunication to learn what it is the each other expect from each other.

• Ya I hope, I think it will be good for us both.

• I hope things work out for you two

• You should stop saying sorry! You belittle yourself if you say those words, to make peace. Don't be a pushover. Do you read? get reading? Are you drunk, don't feed the kids? he sounds like an ass hole from the ape ages. The men we pick...