Girl texts excessively, want her to stop!

This girl I just started seeing is a text-a-holic. I like texting but not all day long.

I want to tell her to take it down a notch but I don't want her to think I don't like talking to her.

How do I do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dunno, I would just tell her. Be like "I like you and I like talking to you, but I'm just not that big a texter, I would rather only text you like twice a day" or "I can't really text all day, it's too distracting, but I still like talking to you".

What Girls Said 8

• Try not answering to a couple of her messages, but not all of them ofcourse! Like when she doesn't ask a question or if she just says something that doesn't need a lot of feedback, don't answer.

If she asks you why, you could tell her you're not such a texty person. That way she knows you don't like texting too much but it has nothing to do with her :)

• yeah. just tell her that you have to go for a second. Or you could call her for a few minutes. Realize that a conversation through a text message lasts all day compared to a roughly 5 minute phone call. That might cease some of the texting...Just saying. :)

• I think you should let her know that you are busy and sometimes your phone is in your pocket or on vibrate because you are working or with your friends. Tell her that most text conversations you have are pretty short because your day is pretty booked... And you aren't a big texter.

I do agree with the earlier post about maybe a phone call. Any girl would love a surprise lunchtime call. A few of these could go a long way.

• i just say I'm busy between 9 am, & 11 pm. it works. no one bothers me.

jst tell hr you're busy between whatever time. she should respect that.

• Just text her that you gotta go and you'll text her later. Be nice but subtle about it :)

• You could tell her you don't like texting and prefer to go out and meet her. So you'll tell her the truth, but you'll make it up basically telling her you wanna see her in person, she surely won't be disappointed by this. And, when you're with her, underline how you hate texting, without mentioning her and her habits of course.

How does it sound? :)

Good luck.

• tell her you just can talk to her (for example) between 10am-1pm or 2-6pm or something like that... just for her to know you're not available all the time.

• Text her first, not right when you wake up, just later, then you guys won't talk all day, then tell her you have go do something. I text my boyfriend most of the day, and yeah, it does get annoying, so I make up excuses like I have to make lunch, or I have to walk my dog, or I'm eating dinner or something like that.

What Guys Said 1