Is it bad to always initiate text with a guy?

I like him, and he always talks to me first in person, so is it so bad that I text him first all the time or am I just overreacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never a bad thing when girls contact guys first, same for the reverse. The whole thing of the guy has to do the asking, initiate the conversation and girls can't because it's taboo is a ridiculous stereotype. One that should be continually broken into little pieces and purified with fire :). It's not the dark ages or even the 1900's, it's 2012, send him the first text as many times as you want. (Within reason of course, other wise you'll blow up his phone and you'll have to go to thunder dome to fix things "2 men enter, one man leaves" or girl/ woman in this case :P)

What Guys Said 1

• just type hey and send it

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's fine for women to initiate conversation.. but personally I wouldn't text a guy first every time.. like if he only talks to you if you text him him first, he probably isn't very interested. Maybe hold off on texting him for a bit and see if he initiates any contact.

• It's not a bad thing, guys usually like when girls have the nerve to text them first :)