Would you date a girl that you don't find physically attractive?

because she comes from a wealthy family?

How many of you guys would be the male version of a goldigger? :P

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never dated a beautiful woman in my entire life. Therefore, physical beauty is one of the least of my qualifications in a woman no matter how much I may have fantasies for the younger hotties in college. I am accustomed to average to bad looking women because I myself have not received the blessings of the Beauty Goddess(or whatever). Never happened, never will. Inasmuch, a woman's family income means nothing to me either. The answer is yes, despite the wealth. The key factor is her PERSONALITY above wealth, pretty face and three-sizes. I don't care how hot or rich a woman may be, I have nothing for any woman who is hell-on-a-broom.

Of course, the question is how unattractive is the relative criteria. What is acceptable for one man isn't the same for someone else.

What Guys Said 22

• Girls can be attractive in different ways, but if I were not attracted to her in some way I would not date her just because she had $$$. In fact, now that I think about it, I did date a girl who was not all that physically attractive and her family had mega-bucks. She just happened to be a nice girl who never made mention of the money her family had. I think I was attracted by her fun, upbeat personality.

• I couldn't do it. I have to much of a conscience to do that to a girl. Plus I know realistically I would really get to reap the benefits of her parents wealthy aside from paying for our wedding. Plus my family is pretty well off and so am I so I'm in no real need of money from others.

• No, I would not date her. I already have money of my own enough to be comfortable. Physical attraction is absolutely crucial to me in a match. That doesn't mean she couldn't be my friend who spoils me rotten however. :)

• Honest answer: Everyone has a price. For a few million, I would do Rosie O' Donnell, even though I would hate every second.

• I would date her irrespective of her background. It does not mean I would date her for a long time. Attraction for me comes from behavior mostly, not the looks.

If she's really rich, I would think twice. Probably, I'll look for somebody less wealthy.

Wealthy people have attitudes I find incompatible with mine. Besides, I don't wish to appear to be dating just because of the family's money.

• I was dating one of Richard Branson's granddaughters for a while, realized we weren't a very good match, and broke up with her.

I think that says enough :P

• Nope.

• I'm sorry, but every time I see a post of yours, I read it in Spock's voice. Ending in "That would be illogical captain."

• Yeah, I would, I'll admit it. But not to get money off her! I don't have much use for money. I just have a bit of a 'rich-girl' fetish, aha...

• No.

But I've been told I'm not very picky.

I just couldn't get it on with somebody that doesn't look good. And I'm pretty sure any guys here that say "LOOKS DON'T MATTER AT ALL" are trolling. Looks always matter ... some just think looks are more important than personality.

I rate about 70/30 personality/looks. Something like that.

• That doesn't concern me. Although I am a sucker for girls with a good job. Doesn't really have to do with money though, I like women that have a good set of brains. And usually brains and careermaking run in a family...

• Society still feels that the man should work and not be a golddigger. The laws in the U.S. aren't set up in his favor anyway. All things being equal you would think to see more men collecting alimony from the woman but that's not the case.

Sure you hear of guys who don't have a job and the woman struggling to get by but not of guys who specifically target rich women.

• Nah I've got to much pride to be leeching off a woman

But I know an army of guys that wouldn't hesitate. And also I wouldn't date anyone I personally didn't find physically attractive in general.

• Young men like you makes my job more difficult. I'm the male crusader of justice and fair play, arguing at women that men are much more flexible in their expectation in a woman's beauty compared to how stringent women are about a man's height and looks. STOP IT! You are making us look bad :(

• Stimulation is not only mental but physical. You can sit there giving girls the 'it's what inside that counts' but that is naivety at its best. End of the day when it comes to being physical this is when you're meant to show the other person how special they are to you, how can you really achieve that if you feel nothing for their physical presence

• No.

• lol is she at least fun and not fat?

• i wouldn't

• Nah I wouldn't be able to do that.

• Love > Gold

• No I wouldn't. Physical attraction is a must.

• Hell no, I'd never do that!

• ohh man..a sugamama! Bring it on!

• i wouldnt

• depends

• If she'd give you lots of money or not? I'm assuming if she did give you money, you would? :P

• Ah. I don't know which is more shallow. The fact that you would go out with a chick for her money or that you won't date fat chicks. :P But who am I to judge? I wouldn't go out with someone that is overweight either. lol

• lol I wouldn't go for her money, I don't need more money as long as I have someone to cuddle :P

What Girls Said 1

• That depends... how much is she worth?

And I'm just gonna throw this out there: I'd TOTALLY go for Crown Princess Victoria. She is AWESOME.