I can't believe I am married to this man

We had a huge fight today. It all started when I told my husband that I noticed our daughter's eyesight has gotten worse and we need to see ophthalmologist. He went to talk to her and check the situation himself. And guess what I heard. He was telling my daughter " only pathetic losers wear eyeglasses. Do you want be one of them? You can't miss a letter when eye doctor checks your eyesight. If you miss, you will be wearing eyeglasses." I almost cried when I heard this. I knew he was narrow minded, but I didn't know he was this narrow minded to teach his daughter to discriminate. And what if she needs prescriptive glasses? she will look down at herself and that will kill her confidence.

Apparently he forgot his wife is one of that pathetic losers who literally cannot see anything without her contact lenses. Now I am

pretty sure that he will leave me if I become blind even though I sustained him throughout our marriage.

I am leaving him. I had enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is not something a loving father says to his child. It is SO easy to bruise a young girls confidence. Your vision is not something you can control. It's not like the eye exam is a test you can study for.. if you have poor eyesight, and fail the eye exam, that's just life... you deal with it. Having less than perfect eyesight and wearing glasses does NOT make you a pathetic loser... saying something so heartless and threatening to an impressionable child makes you a pathetic loser...

A few years ago my grandmother found out she had macular degeneration. It was a long process, but now she is completely blind. My grandfather takes care of her and loves her just as much as he did 55 years ago when they were married. When you marry someone, you vow to love them unconditionally, through sickness and health and all that jazz.. if he'd leave you for something so superficial (in addition to the horrendous thing he said to your daughter), then he is not the ideal husband. All couples have problems an issues to work through, but I too would draw the line if my child's mental well-being was at risk.

What Guys Said 6

• Does your Chuck Norris objects to sunglasses too? link

Maybe ou'd better try to talk it out first, eventually giving your daughter's father an ultimatum (kinda: "Pay attention to your words, next time you say that, say it laughing, pardner, or the worst you can imagine will happen: your bed will be empty and you'll wash your underwear yourself" )

BTW, I'm one of those pathetic losers who literally cannot see anything without his prescription glasses.

• of course he would leave if you become blind. I would leave you too, and I'm a good guy. who want's to spend his entire life with an invalid? be reasonable here.

the question here is, why did you get married with someone you knew from the beginning is narrow minded? I mean not just narrow minded but a retard.

• ...whoa...

..well - good riddance!

• Watch now he will start losing his vision and have to get glasses lol, that would be funny, yup you married yourself a real winner, and you have you have a kid with him.

• Doesn't he think that the sexy librarian look with glasses is hot? I bet you could rock that outfit by the way. ;)

• I can't believe such a human even exists. And you're married to him!

What Girls Said 3

• Is that your daughter or his?

If its his daughter and you are married to him, sit down and have a talk with him about how wrong he is and exactly what he is doing.

If he refuses to listen to you, tell him you want to make this work and try to set up some sort of family counseling.

If all efforts go refused you really need to re-think your marriage. If you two cannot see eye to eye then this marriage isn't for you.

• talk to him and understand exactly what he meant. then decide to speak to your daughter and give her the proper advise.

• he's a loony. and sustained him throught marriage? Brand him so all women can stay away from him, and not destroy others in the future.