Do you need to have a lot in common with the person you date, and be very similar?

Do you need to have a lot in common with the person you date, and be very similar? or do opposites attract?

Most Helpful Girl

• Having things in common with someone you are dating is always a great thing. You enjoy the same activities and can keep the conversation flowing.

Also on the other hand, being totally different from someone (and not having much in common) is something that can draw two people together. Sometimes the like for someone is all you need to establish a meaningful relationship.

I think both of those are true.

Opposites can attract, and two people that are similar can also.

What Girls Said 4

• I would have to say some things are good to have in common. Like spending money. I would really hate it if my boyfriend always wanted to spend money like me. We'd be both poor and broke. So...lol. Opposites in this case are a good thing. But we also have things in common. We both like trying new things and adventures. So we're both up to go rock climbing or water rafting. :) These features of a relationship makes it worth while to keep popping new things in the air.

• My first two were opposite of me, (husbands) my current boyfriend and I have ions in common and we seem better fitted for each other

• You have to be similar in some aspects, but be different enough to keep things ineresting.

• Opposites attract in that typically a male is attracted to a female (opposites) but you do need to be similar.

• lol, the most literal translation of that I guess.

What Guys Said 1

• i'm usually more similar than different with my gfs, we have to be able to bond over doing stuff together but we each bring our own quirks