Can I tell my boyfriend he looks like my father?

I really have this feeling that my boyfriend somehow look like my father. I don’t know it’s a good thing or bad thing, I hope it’s not weird. Anyway he’s a little fat and tan, physically look like my father, but handsome one. I don’t really into my father type. But it turns out they have some common. Can I tell him that? Is it weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• no do not do that. no up side. only downside.

What Guys Said 11

• lol, that's funny. I'd laugh. but if you guys are anal about that stuff, I'd digress in your position. sounds like a reverse role Oedipus complex to me;p

• Yeahh, I would avoid telling him that to be honest, I'm not sure how he'd react but just be on the safe side haha.

• you think it's not a good thing right?

But some people may somehow just marry the type who's look like their parents

• No I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying the reaction might be pretty unexpected lol.

• Depends on the guy. If you really want to tell him, then ask him what he thought of you as a person. After he says blah blah then you tell him that he kind of resembles your dad not in a bad way and tease him a bit from there. :)

• No that's weird. In fact dating someone that looks like your dad is weird so dibt

• I think your boyfriend would know if he looked like your father don't you think? Or are their similarities subtle? Also would it be weird for you if your mother told you your boyfriend looks like your dad?

• Don't tell him. Next time you have sex he'll think it's because he looks like daddy. Creepy.

• No it's not weird if you don't make it weird, and say it casually. Please correct this broken English though. The last few sentences were a little hard to understand. Just constructive criticism, no offense intended.

• Hahahahahahah sounds like he could be your half brother,

• Your English needs some work.

• NO, NO you can not

• tell him he looks like a sugardaddy instead :)

What Girls Said 5

• Hi there, this is very common and you are not weird. There are different psychological aspects to this. Not only may a person be attracted to someone who resembles the opposite gender parent but there is also psychological theory that a child could be attracted to the same things that there same sex parent was attracted to. I know of several people including myself who's mate resembles their father or mother whether in looks or personality. In addition, I know of people including mysel who's ex's or current mate resemble someone their same sex parent dated in their past. It is common, so common that most people don't even realize it. My mate found it comforting that he resembled my father however if you mean it in a bad way of course it might not go over well lol. Wish you the best.

• think about it like this would you like him telling you how much you remind him of his mother? I had a guy tell me once that I act a lot like his mom like personality wise. I'm still not sure how I feel about it haha

• I think a gentle way of saying that is saying you remind me of my father? I'm sure he'll ask how then you could tell him.

• Would you be OK if he tells you you look like his mother ?

• I don't know why you would want to...