Am I looking for too much in a girl?

- Doesn't smoke

- Enjoys outdoor activities (hiking, camping, jogging, etc.) doesn't like to stay in doors too often

- Goes to bars and clubs once in a while or not at all

- intelligent

- has some kind of goal in life (doesn't have to be big just a goal)

- adventurous and enjoys trying out new things

- average face or better, average body or better

My friends keep telling me that my standards are way too high. I am wondering what GaG users think. I am not into girls who want to party every weekend or the ones that want to stay home all the time.

I am asking because my friends keep saying that I need to find a girl. I have never been with a girl and it has been my choice because I don't want a girl just because she looks good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not! Never settle for less than you are looking for, because chances are that won't be a healthy relationship and it won't last long. Holding out for the perfect girl for you is never a bad thing! You may be surprised though; the girl who ends up being your soul mate may be nothing like you expected. So keep your eyes open to all possibilities but don't settle just because you haven't found the right girl yet.

What Girls Said 4

• Those are reasonable standards lol. I am kinda the girl you described there and there's pressure for me to change and start going out to clubs or things more etc cause I hardly meet guys hiking etc. but I dont' care. I do what I like.

• I don't blame you. I can't stand clubs its just a bunch of drunk people rubbing on each other for the most part. My friends are complaining because I am 26 now and I still haven't dated anyone.

• no I have friends that fit that but then again they might not do one or 2 things from the list. ItKs good to have standards or preferences but don't make it a requirement.

• Your standards are not to high but you should also adventure outside those standards and see what happens.

• I have tried going to bars and clubs. I have had girls hit on me there but I don't want to pick up drunk chicks and the atmosphere isn't to my liking.

• Bars and clubs are bad places to go

• What would you recommend?

• I think your standards are pretty reasonable. I just hate when people have standards but don't have an open mind beyond those standards..meaning they won't give people a chance even though they don't meet your criteria

• I don't have a strict criteria except on zero smoking. I can't stand smoking.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think your standards are too high. It's good to narrow the field down.

It's good that you don't want to be with a girl just because she's pretty, but don't let her being pretty stop you from getting to know more about her. Think of it as a book store. You go in knowing what subject of book you want. You go to that section and find a bunch of different books about that subject. A few titles jump out at you, so you pull them off the shelf and look at the front cover, read the back, and maybe the first few pages. If you like it, you buy it. If you don't, you go to the next title that grabbed your attention.

• Looks have never been a deterrent for me. I am just annoyed at hearing I am getting older and I should try lowering my expectations.

• Not at all. You should only expect the very best for YOURSELF. Don't play above your limit too far, but be with someone who actually make YOU happy and YOU make happy in return. If either partner settles, then you are just asking for a lot of problems for yourself and your partner at the time.

• absolutely not.

i would even say the opposite. you left out quite a lot of things if you're looking for a quality woman.