What can I do to make my boyfriend feel welcomed in a new city

my boyfriend is moving in with me from across the country. He lives in florida and I live in philadelphia. I want to make his first night memorable and make him feel at home. I was thinking to get some cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, beer and buy him a phillies shirt, decorate the apt...Do you think this is a good idea? What other things should I do to make him feel at home?

Most Helpful Guy

• try taking him out on the town, introduce him to your friends, give him a group of people he hangs out with in the city. it can be tough in a new place when you don't know anyone. other than that, all the stuff you name sounds fun

What Guys Said 3

• Don't decorate the place. It's such a p.i.t.a to clean up.

The food and the rest sound great. Take him for a night on the town, but also show him the local dives. It's not like we men always have the funds to splurge at the fancy places with the boys. We spend it all on you ladies ;).

Introducing the friends is a good idea. That way he'll know who you're talking about all the time and has less reason to get jealous.

• I would leave the decorations, but everything else sounds great. I know I'd love to get all of that food and a Phillies jersey. The boys in orange are mean.

• forget the decorations, the rest sounds good.

What Girls Said 1

• I like your idea :D Decorating the apt is really fun! You should try it! It makes it more welcoming and FUN. If he's not that mature type, then go for balloons, pizza, movie, games, etc. Get him some welcoming gifts. Beer is a good idea! Get the stuff he likes : )