My boyfriend has a girl anime picture in his phone. Am I over-reacting?

Okay I just saw that my boyfriend had a picture of an anime girl in a provocative pose in his phone. She isn't naked or anything but its provocative enough to be a little dirty. I would like to point out that we've been dating for a year and five months. When we started dating he removed all of "those" pictures from his phone. He says that that particular anime reminds him of me and personally it makes me uncomfortable. Am I over reacting or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are young.. You will one day come to realize that men and women are completely different species, and when you come to this conclusion.. this will all make sense. Men will always look @ pictures of girls in provocative poses, it's natural. The fact that it is an ANIME pic... kinda makes this all a bit silly. You are definitely overreacting, and if there is one thing I have learned about being in a relationship.. it is this: Do not tell your partner what they CAN and CAN NOT do, you are most likely paving the way for rebellion.

What Guys Said 3

• You should not be snooping in his phone. Everything else is secondary. You do not own him and he can look at what he pleases so long as it does not intrude into the relationship as you are by snooping.

• He likes that I look through his phone and he looks through mine we don't own each other but he lets me don't be so quick to criticize.

• whatever the only thing this website has taught me is that guys gang up on girls and even if a guy cheats every other guy will back him up saying he has a right seriously! That's all this site has taught me

• Yeah I think you were a bit harsh. She's young for crying out loud you're much older you should at the least give her POSITIVE reinforcement.

• gosh... it's JUST A F'CKIN' CARTOON.

• Why does it matter?

• if he has a girlfriend why would he need p*rn? Or dirty pics?

• why? every guy I know looks at other girls even when in a relationship with a girl hell they even check out other girls when with their girl present.

• well if they do it eben in front of their girlfriend then all the guys you know are disrespectful

What Girls Said 3

• I've been reading the responses...in response to one you said that since he had a girlfriend you wondered why he needed to look at girls positioned like that. So tell me, would you pose like that dressed like they are for him to look at? If your answer is no, then there you go. That's why he has the picture.

The fact that it's a drawing makes it ridiculous, but odds are, at some point, he'll look at real women positioned like that.

• yes you are overacting a bit. He has this anime girl, so what? I don't see why is this a problem? Let him have this anime girl or even other dirty pictures, why you even worry about it?

• well he has a girlfriend I mean why would he need p*rn if he has a gf? that's what I don't get

• Don't worry about it, actually I believe him that it reminds him of you, people who like Anime including myself often find similarities in characters with themselves or people they care about. Its a complement!