Should I contact him?

I've known this guy on a working level. He was always an a**hole to work w/. He insulted me once and I went off on him. Then he'd offer to buy me coffee and I'd flip him off. Then he started giving me compliments and saying how beautiful I looked. After a year of ignoring his remarks he moved to a new office. I stopped by a few times to visit another friend that worked there. And this guy would get all excited when I showed up. he'd give me tours of the office, ask what I thought. A short while later I stopped by again and he asked my friend if she had something she could be doing. I said she's on her lunch. He asked her again, so she left and him and I were alone he asked if he could ask me a personal question. I said sure why not. Then he started asking a series of ?'S. Like am I married, in a relationship, dating anyone, living with anyone. What my hobbies and interests are, short and long term goals. I was on the defensive the entire time. He compltely freaked me out I left and didn't come back for 2 years. Recently I heard he was moving, so I stopped by once again. He got all excited to see me and when we were alone he asked me where the hell have I been the last 2 yrs? I said I've been pretty busy with work and school. He said oh okay that's cool. I said so I hear your moving? Where the hell do you think your goin? He smiled and said ny. I said cool. He said you have family there don't u? I said yeah he said where at? I said the town and he said that's not far from where ill be living. you won't be far if you visit. I said sounds good. Then he got real close and said I just want to tell you I'm not always an a**hole. And that you've never really gotten to know me. I didn't know what to say at this point besides okay to him because he was moving out of state! I asked him if he wanted to keep in contact and he said yes! Definitely! He gave me his email address and told me to email him. What the heck should I do? Was this guy seriously interested in me all this time? And even after so many years? Should I email him or what? Even though we live in different states now?!

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like he was always interested in you. But he also sounds like an awkward a**hole. I mean I don't know what kind of guys you like but he doesn't sound like the best person. Also, everyone thinks they are nice sometimes; just like everyone thinks of themselves as a decent person (because everyone can justify their own actions).

What Girls Said 1

• It sure seems like he is. I think you shoul contact him - I have a feeling he might be telling the truth when he said he is not always an a**hole. You never know but from what you wrote he seems like he's worth giving a chance.