Why can't I get him out of my head?

I can't get my ex out of my head, no matter what I do. I try and keep myself busy by going out and focusing on other things. I remind myself of things he did that irritated me and how he treated me sometimes. But, it doesn't seem to help. We broke up awhile ago but we started talking again a few weeks ago, things weren't going well so I ended contact. I wasn't really over him when he contacted me a few weeks ago. I know I shouldn't be but lately I've been hoping he'll contact me again, I'm missing him so much. Like I've said I know I shouldn't be wanting or missing him, I don't need the get over it speech or anything. But, I could use some advice as to what else to do so I can get over him. I'd appreciate it very much :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Every time you guys get back in touch with each other, it's like hitting a reset button and going back to square one in the breakup. I know you probably aren't feeling very good right now, but you really are doing all of the right things and it's just going to take a little more time before you stop missing and thinking about him all the time. Breakups are no fun, but the emotions you're feeling now will pass- and probably more quickly than you think, so long as you continue to focus on yourself and keep your distance from him. Stay strong! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Are you from Texas?

• No. Why do you ask?

• It did sound like you were.

What Girls Said 4

• You need to make a decision about him, and go with it.

Either cut off contact and get over him, or continue contact and stop stressing over trying to forget/ignore him.

You sound pretty torn up about how to treat this situation. If you can't make up your mind on what to do or how to act, then you aren't going to get very far too quickly. If you can settle your mind on what you want to do about him, then hopefully you'll be able to focus better on doing that.

• I understand how you are felling I'm sure we've all been there before. But when that happened to me to be honest it's really nothing you can do to help rush it. It just takes time is all. And yea talking to him again didn't help and I def don't recommend you doing that unless you want to get back with him. Just think of the reason you broke up and how did he treat you it must've been bad the reason you're not with him. And if it's not worth not being without him then go back to him but itf it was too bad girl don't worry about him. You will move on like I said with TIME. hope I helped.

• i am in the same boat. I broke up with him, because we bumped into his exgirlfriend and she was pregnant. They've been broken up for one 1/2 years and we have been together for one yr. He said about her,' since we've been apart.' and it just killed me to hear that. 3 weeks before hechose not to take pictures off his computer to store them someplace else, and I think he's not over her. He aslo said that ,'this might be the last time I see her.' She cheated on him.

So I broke up with him, he said it's not true, but I can't believe anyone saying that, about someone and not love them. So I'm so upset! He tries to tLK TO ME,BUT IM SOO ANGRY. Good luck I hope you'll be strong.

• Am in the same situation. Every second I look at my cell hoping that he'd call. It's day 5 now. But it felt like 5 months or something. Hope you and I will get better soon. Good luck :)