If a guy is not good looking he is creepy right?

just summarizing up what I've read on GAG for the most part

if a guy is not good looking, he is creepy with the slightest things he does/could do

if a guy is good looking then he can get away with the creepiest things and excessive sexuality/flirting

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 26

• Yes to the second part, no to the first. Honestly, no moral sugar coating, good looking guys are "forgiven" because it makes them look more human? Down to Earth? Approachable? Puppy-like? I don't know what it is exactly, but the thing with the "non-lookers" is that they aren't supposed to have holes in their perfect shield, 'cause without looks they had no chance of having one. People themselves can be perfect for someone, this is just generally speaking. Anyway, if he has weird habits it's viewed more as a "oh, God, what other strange things does he do?" than if the good looker, who generally has a socially acceptable niche all up in everyone's face if they look at him. If a "good looker" opens his mouth to prove he's an idiot, a good percentage of the girls who shut down possibilities with the normal or less than average guy write that guy off as well. The remaining fraction are the "he's dumb, but he's so cute" and the "he treats me bad, but I need him/he's such a jerk but I can change him/I can't do any better, he's already such a catch" girls. And, oh, how they are the only girls worth pursuing.

• yes.

unfortunately for most women, that is true.

but for me, anyone can be a creep. even attractive guys.

because of this site, I realized that not all unattractive men are creepy. we just tend to excuse the attractive guys from being creepy. but not anymore. :D

• Not in my book. Now if a guy is funny, he might get away with more than others. If he is making me laugh (cute/hot/not so hot), then ...

• Nope for me.There were few good looking guys who harassed me here and somewhere in real life but I still consider them as creepy.Looks don't determine if the guys are creepy or not.Some girls might take them as exceptions but not for me.Personality fail=looks fail.

• i don't think that's true... I've had several 'good-looking' guys talk to me and do/say really creepy things, it actually lowers my attraction to them... it goes for me both ways, in the sense that both kind of guys would creep me out if either did creepy things... I tried online dating for awhile, and one guy sent me a message(with out having any prior contact) explicitly saying what he wanted to do to me, he was 3 years older than me, and good-looking, but after I read that message, I was so unattracted to him, and quite turned off by it

• Well, anyone can be a creep or a**hole

But I think the biggest creeps tend to be less attractive, so that just adds to it

But I think for the most part, it's true. But I also do think there's a limit which girls are willing to put up with ya know, regardless of appearance

• Absolutely not! Hot guys can be totally creepy. Being a creep is all in body language (sometimes also in things said) and the vibe they give off (mostly through body language)

• But, wouldn't you say that good-looking guys don't normally give off that kind of "vibe", right? And, why would that be? Because, of their looks.

• Anyways, you just proved my point. Women do kind of make assumptions about guys just because of how they look.

• To liars_ paradox, Its amazing that because I didn't quote or link a study, you assume I just made this up! And, I didn't say this is true of every single case.

When it comes to human behavior, its impossible to say all humans think/act the same.

Many girls use the words 'creep' and 'creepy' was too easily; this is a significant factor as well.

It's amazing how people enjoy twisting other people's coments and adding meaning that was unintended.

• I wouldn't say that if a guy isn't good looking he's creepy. I know some random looking guys that are the coolest people I've ever met...and from experience some good looking guys can be super creepier...like follow you around the bar and giving you the rapist/peerve up down stare...now that's creepy. I go off of people's personalities and how they act towards me you can't judge a book by it's cover because some of the ugliest cover's make for the best books in my opinion!

• Haha I never realized this. This is somewhat true.

No, no wait. It's not always true. Just because you're not good looking, doesn't mean you're creepy.

• 7 times out of 10. I'm trying to change that automatic reaction though. I hate it.

• I will slap you in public

• I will honestly say this...at least you admit that you do this, and that you're aiming to improve. :)

P.S. So many girls fail to admit the wrongdoing that they do, and you probably know that, too

• No. Sexy/Good looking guys do creepy things too.

Creepy is CREEPY doesn't matter how attractive or unattractive a person is.

And whether it be a guy or a girl.. if you're not interested in a person and they keep trying to get your attention doing weird things... it could become annoying... so it's not just based on looks.

• But, would you say that you're more likely to give a better looking guy more leeway just because he's better looking? There's probably a threshold for individual creepiness based on the guy's appearance.

• If he's not creepy right off the bat, sure. It's most probable. But..Same goes for guys though. I know most men will tolerate weird unusual things on an attractive girl rather than on a fat ugly one.

• Absolutely NOT!

Let me say that again...Absolutely NOT!

It doesn't have anything to do with a person's looks, creepy has to do with your behavior.

• Not necessarily. It all depends how the guy presents himself and what he's doing. A lot of guys who are too blunt or come on too strong when approaching or interacting with a female, attractive or not, is creepy as f*** o.o

• sure but a guy that's not good looking is more likely to come off as creepy without intention so why even bother

• not necessarily, dude.

• sure seems like it

• sure, whatever you say.

believe me, I've heard my girlfriends say a guy was a weirdo/creep even if he was perfectly sane looking. a guy can be good looking, but a bit quirky or annoying or a loner or whatnot, and girls will label him as a creep. I've seen it happen in high school...

• The way a person acts is what determines if they are creepy or not.

• So not true. I've had so many guys talk to me who I thought looked really attractive, and then at one point they started saying things or doing things that just creeped me out. Their attractiveness didn't save them one bit.

• I don't care what he looks like. If he's beinga creep... he's being a creep.

• I agree for the most part, yes.

• BINGO!

• he's only creepy if he tries getting at me

• LOL you know perfectly well the answer is no. It's all open to our interpretation, but generally IF YOU'RE A CREEP THEN YOU'RE CREEPY. I say this because guys flirt with me that I may not be attracted to, yet I don't find them all creepy. You're not a creep because you aren't good looking, you're a creep because you act creepy. maybe you act too aggressive in a way we don't like, or don't respect our boundaries. that's what makes you creepy. Looks may give a guy a little leeway in the way that if we're sexually into him then we like what he does for the most part but that's about it.

(btw I don't mean that you literally are a creeper)

• For me it would depend on if this guy was of an older age then me and he is smiling at me or doing something flirty I guess. If its like a kid around the same age as me, it wouldn't be creepy but more awkward. Now a older and unattractive guy smiling or flirting with me is totally creepy, even a good looking guy would be creepy.

• Not true. Creepy guys can be good looking. Creepy guys are just gross no matter how they look.

However, I wouldn't want an ugly guy to flirt with me and stuff because I just can't do that with a guy I'm not attracted to. That doesn't mean I think he's creepy though.

• I don't know about other girls, but for me creepy depends more on what they say and how they say it rather than what they look like. Like, if a non-attractive man says something that could be creepy or sexual but he is clearly making a joke then I think that's funny, not creepy. But if an attractive guy says something where he clearly is trying to get somewhere and is serious about it then it could be really creepy. It all depends on the situation and who I'm with too.

However, I think for a lot of girls what you said is true. I admit I have been in situations where that is true for me, but the above statement is more what I think of with men.

• There's a difference between looking creepy and acting creepy and then doing both.

For me, I know I don't personally judge anyone right off the bat. Sometimes a guy will look creepy to me but I won't make assumptions on whether he actually is a creep.

I have had good-looking guys turn out to be creeps, and it turns me off...I'm not one to let them get away with it just because they're good-looking. If you're gonna try to freak me out just because you're attractive, then you might as well start walking the other way.

• About your last sentence...i highly doubt guys try to INTENTIONALLY "freak you out".

• Some attractive guys act creepy because they like to and think their good looks gives them a pass.

• Yep

What Guys Said 17

• bitches be crazy

• Yes. Or rather let's say that good looking guys can get away with way more before they enter the realm of creepiness.

• That's half of it.

The other half is if the guy seems nervous, tense or not at ease with himself, its creepy.

Like if a guy makes a sexual joke and seems tense delivering it, it sort of gives off a vibe of 'ha ha but seriously I'd like to keep you in a box in my basement'. If he says something far more crude but in a totally relaxed way, it gives off a vibe of 'ha ha ha no seriously that's exactly what I'd do, no more no less, you down?'

• thats the difference between a good looking and ugly guy

• Not necessarily man. But it IS true that good looking guys are probably more often confident and flirt with confidence and its received well, which continues the cycle.

But its a separate thing. And it matters.

• hot guy flirts = positive reaction = confidence boost to already abundant confidence

average/ugly guy flirts = negative reaction = confidence decrease to already suffering self esteem

therefore, hot guy is not creepy, ugly guy is

• Good looking guys CAN be creepy, but they have to do a lot of really sketchy things for a girl to call them that. Girls will call an ugly guy "creepy" just for talking to them. If the guy is hot, he can get away with a lot more.

"Creepy" is a nice euphemism that girls use for "ugly" because they don't want to sound shallow when telling their friends about someone they rejected at a bar or whatever.

• Well, to be fair I wouldn't consider myself the best-looking individual in the world, yet I've never been referred to as "creepy." I think creepiness really depends on what the man in question is doing or saying - regardless of his looks. Does that negate the fact that ridiculously good-looking men can get away with more than us lowly humans? No, but it *doesn't* mean that they're above the laws of creepiness.

• SImply put, the more attractive the guy is to the girl, the higher "ceiling" he has until he is labeled "creepy".

The differential of the ceiling between the not-good-looking guy, and the gorgeous-guy...

...varies from girl to girl.

• I mean if you aren't good looking you might as well strap a dildo to your forehead and call yourself a unicorn

• I really do think that you have a valid point! Some scientist out there should conduct an experiment and have a really cute, handsome guy say and do all the same things that some ugly guy to a set of girls. And, then survey the girls and rate the guys on "creepiness".

I bet, that the ugly guy would rate higher on creepy than the handsome guy.

• Attractive + Unique = Cool!

Unattractive + Unique = Weird...

Attractive + Flirty = Charming.

Unattractive + Flirty = Creepy...

• All these women that said no are full of crap. Their just saying that so they don't look shallow.

Here's a couple of examples.

They see a guy who looks like taylor Lautner walking down the street, and he gives some random girl a creep smile.

Second guy looks like fat, ugly, poor etc and also smiles who do you think, will be the creep?

not the first guy.

• Seriously, someone needs to do a study on this, and have the research findings published and have it taught in intro psychology courses in colleges world wide. For real, you're right but I don't think that anyone has made shown this scientifically yet.

• I agree they should to a research study.

• most of the time

• Its true, bitches be lying.

• yeah kinda

• very likely that could be true

• Dude, don't worry about being a creep. No guy should be called creepy for hitting on a girl in passing unless he genuinely makes a girl feel unsafe or uncomfortable. You know what your intentions are, and as long as you try to make them clear by your body language or whatever, don't worry about what a random chick says.

• Exactly. I'm lucky enough to be more of an in-between-er. Not too ugly, not too attractive.

• That is so true, I don't care what nobody here says