Your significance other is everything you ever wished for.

You get along pretty good, you accompany each other, you finish each others' sentences, make one another laugh, and you're deeply in love. You know you're going to propose/ going to be proposed to.

He/she is your soul mate. Perfect match brought from heaven.

However, there is a tiny problem. His/her name and your ex's name is the same. You despise your ex with every hatred you have build deep inside. Being with your ex was probably the most horrifying time of your life. He/she was abusive, disrespectful, mistreated you, and cheated on you.

What would you do? Do you dump your him/her because he/she has the same name? Or, do you suck it up and pretend your ex does not exist?

And, don't say "well I wouldn't have dated this person if they had the same name in the first place."

The whole dating and falling for that person happened unintentionally and unconsciously. You've already stepped into the road, and you can't make a U-turn.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't leave someone I care about because of a common name. If it was ever an issue I would remind myself every time that the past is the past and this new man is amazing. Maybe think of a nickname for him so you don't even have to say the name if it bothers you so much.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd stay with her.

Name means nothing.

For example here, the most common female name is Anete - here are thousands of them and I personally know plenty of them, and you think they all are the same or even similar? Absolutely not!

It's just ridiculous reason why should there be any problems about it.. because that is not a problem.

• Pretend my ex doesn't exist of course.

What Girls Said 5

• I would date my true love, and over time I would forget my ex and associate only good things with the new name. ...I hope haha.

• Try my hardest to stop associating that name with my ex. It's possible, psychologically.

• I wouldn't leave them because of their name, I'd just pretend the Ex doesn't exist

• I understand how you could make the association, but at the same time I don't. If this is a total different person, and they can't control what their name is, I don't think you should let such a thing play such a large part in whether or not you stay with this person. Same names are just really common, and your current s/o shouldn't be penalized for your PAST experiences. He is your PRESENT and possibly FUTURE. Your past with that particular name shouldn't be weighed that huge.

• That's stupid to put all the baggage from your past relationship with your ex onto your current boyfriend just because they happen to have the same name. That's ignorant