Would you rather date someone younger, older, or the same age as you?

I was watching Maury and saw this 40 something year old guy with an 18 year old girl. So I was curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally would prefer around my age. From what I've noticed, women tend to prefer older/around the same age while men tend to prefer younger/around the same age

What Guys Said 8

• I'm 29 and have found that the girls I'm most compatible with are 18-24. Have I dated older? Yes. My point is that the age of the person you're dating does matter a little bit, but not as much as people think. The overall mindset of the two people matters more.

• Same, or 1-2 years younger.

• Please don't mistake what you see on Maury Povich for a representative sample of humanity, lol. I personally think that age gap is too much. Once one partner is old enough to be the others' mother or father it begins to be creepy. Other than that, what happens between consenting adults is their business. My current age range for dating is 18-28 but ideal would be 19-23. I do like her to be a little younger than me if possible.

• I would prefer to date some one the same age or 1-3 years younger. I would date someone 1-3 older,also.

• age is more a number

less issue then it need to be. when there a big age gap there has to be compmise younger men and women are not going to want to sit home ever weekend and older men and women are not going to want to party ever weekend. one weekend go out on the town and party and the next weekend a night home relaxing and if both partys have more of the same intrusts the not the same yes it will work. and rember say you have a 18 your girl friend and say late 30's man DONT REFURE TO AS YOUR 18 YOUR GIRLF FRIEND but or vice versa it is condasending rember they are a man or a women and refure to then as your boy friend or girl friend and don't bring age up

• younger.like 2-4 years younger

• Preferably on the same age or younger.

• im 23 and I would date as young as 16, I seem to attract younger girls

What Girls Said 8

• I typically am attracted to guys a little bit older than I. The youngest I dated was two years younger, the oldest was 11 years older. My fiance is 5 months older than I, the closest I've ever dated to my own age.

• I definitely prefer older. So much more mature then the younger ones and the guys my age. Although I will make the occasional exception. The oldest guy I've dated was 32.

• Older ! Same age and younger are immature.

• Same age or slightly older.

• older for sure

• around the same age or older.

• older guy

• Younger. I have always liked younger guys and nothing seems to change that.