Dating someone who is bipolar?

so I've been dating this guy for about 2 months and I was helping him move. I came across a paper on the floor that was a psych evaluation from the local college. it said that he was suffering from adhd and bipolar. some of the symptoms he was having were paranoia, social anxiety, aggressive outbursts. I know I shouldn't be bothered by it but I am. I feel terrible for it because he's amazing and sweet... I want to talk to him about it to make sure he's okay but I don't want to piss him off or make him uncomfortable. He told me that he had adhd but left out the bipolar part. I guess I just want him to know that I am concerned but more so that he's okay..my uncle is bipolar and I've had some scary moments with him to were he threatened to kill me etc. so I guess I'm just being scarey...hes taking meds and I googled the one he's taking. a side affect is shaking in sleep. he shakes really bad in his sleep to were onetime I thought he was having a seizure. I told him that he shakes in his sleep and he got kind of quiet. I dunno...how should I approach this...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay to feel bothered by it, especially since you have seen it firsthand in a terrible way. Learning that someone has the possibility of aggressive outbursts would worry anyone.

Seems this guy didn't want you to know most likely because of the chance it could scare you a bit. If he's been great with you up to this point, I wouldn't think it's necessary to bring it up, at least for now.

Here's a WebMD article regarding bipolar relationships, a good read for you: link

• hes been good to me so far. but now I'm starting to notice little things...im just gonna man up and talk to him about it

• Good luck! Hopefully it won't even be an issue.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol "shouldn't be bothered by it". Yeah, no one should be bothered by a loaded gun in the proximity of yourself. Yeah you probably should. If he didn't tell you, he probably had no intent to. Then again, I'm blunt and throw all my sh*t on the table, I don't hold my cards up. No sense in dating a person with a MENTAL DISORDER. Unless you have no problem with someone snapping on you and treating you like sh*t, don't bother. Borderline Personality Disorder is worse. (BPD). anyways, good luck.

• lol I guess when I said that I shouldn't be bothered by it. I'm trying not to judge him. I always put everything out on the table to because I have nothing to hide. I'm pretty much an open book.

• Thing is, everyone judges people, even prejudging people. that is instinct and natural. If you didn't prejudge a situation to be dangerous or not, our species would probably be dead right now. Whether it is true or not is a different story. Instinct/Intuition should be followed. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck , its probably a duck. I tend to lean towards people who are predictable vs unpredictable. I like knowing I can trust them, emotions makes that harder to do,due to instability.

• I would make him feel comfortable enough to tell you anything. That's awesome that you accept him for it. Just let him know that he can tell you ANYTHING and you will be there for him, AND make sure he feels that way!

• thanks! I think I will talk to him about it this Saturday night. ill get him all sexed up and then lay it on him lol

What Girls Said 0