A guy took out a toothbrush on the first date at a restaurant?

a guy took out a toothbrush on the first date at a restaurant and told me he was going to the bathroom with a cheesy grin. I wrote him a note saying thanks but I have to run and left. was this not the best thing to do?

no no..he said "for later" and winked.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol

You did the right thing

ThUMBS UP

What Guys Said 3

• Um...frankly, I think he intended to be funny to lighten the mood (you know that 1st dates tend to be a bit pressuring)...

...and you were too uptight to get the joke, and freaked out.

What was so bad about what he did?

• hmmm,..sounds like he was planning on spending the night?...or maybe kissing you? idk..that was a weird thing to say...and who the hell wants to hear about brushing teeth on first date?

• I suppose a toothbrush is better then a condom. Maybe he just wanted to have fresh breath

What Girls Said 5

• id be happy if a guy brushed his teeth after eating. I've had experiences id rather _not_ remember .

he probably also was letting you know, if he's a while, he's not jerking off, or sh*tting.

big deal. he brushes his teeth.

its good you ran away tho. if you can't handle I'm now, id just get super freaked out later. he sounds honest.

• Well now I don't blame you that's very strange he could have went to the bathroom and had his toothbrush in his pocket and brushed them without you knowing. Very strange behavior.

• I understand why you were freaked out. I would've been too. But I think I would have finished off the date and just not go on another one with him

• He has good oral hygiene and you run away? I don't get it. Most guys don't pay much attention to there teeth and this guy does. Can I have his number? Just kidding. I wouldn't have a problem with a guy doing that.

• You didn't mention the comment earlier. That is a little presumptuous of him.

• Why did you run again? Because he went to brush his teeth? That's not that uncommon especially with people who have braces or people who brush after every meal. I think that was kinda mean of you to do that but I think he shouldn't have done that on a first date. But it's not such a big deal that you had to run...

• @Update: Ohh, you should have mentioned that at the start. That was definitely weird then and you did the right thing.