I want to date this guy, but my mom is saying no. What should I tell him?

So, there's this guy I've been interested in recently, but my mom realized that I had a crush on him. She doesn't like the idea of "us"

And here is why:

He is cousins to my little brother's friends, and our families are close, and he's going to be a senior in high school while I just graduated and will be going to be a freshman in college this year.

I've known him since I was a junior and he was a sophomore. We've always been a little flirty with each othernbut haven't really thought of being more than that until recently. He says that he really likes me and such, but because of my mom, I'm going to have to tell him that we can't date... I just don't really know how to tell him though! What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• I would say depends on how much you like him. I understand what your mom is saying but if you have strong feeling go for it, if not keep looking for someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• First off you are 18 right, well your mom cannot tell you what to do since you are an adult. I believe keep the dating thing under the radar. Don't tell your mom. Keep in mind if it doesn't work out both of you need to be civilized when it comes to family outtings. Before you start dating tell him your concerns because of your mother that way if he doesn't want to do it no harm no foul but if he does just be under the radar and when its been a year of dating then I advise you guys can tell your parents