Was I right to leave?

ive been with this girl for 2 months now it has honestly been the most exciiting and amazingly happiness time of my life. but over the last two weeks things really changed her mum is very abusive to her and is constantly causes her stress and this made my girl very angry but this anger started to come out towards me and she became was very argumentative over the smallest of things it made feel as if I had done something wrong but I honestly couldn't of tried any harder to make her happy she wasn't herself she was withdrawn into herself and we would not talk for hours I know she had problems with her family her mum is very abusive and her previous boyfriend was both emtionally and physically abusive and the way she deals with it is to cut herself I found her passed out on the sofa one day she had been drinking all day and had cut her legs about 20 times on each leg I treid to talk to her about but she told me I wouldn't understand I asked her to call me and talk to me if she felt she needed to cut herself again but she would promise me this. I care so much for this girl I no it had only been 2 months but I am in love with her. I just feel she was pushing me away and over the weekend I decided to end our realtionship I really regret this now I feel as if I didn't try hard enough I feel I just gave up on her too soon

Most Helpful Girl

• Smh...the victim became the abuser. It happens often. She needs some serious counseling and in my honest opinion (so not saying it's your fault) but you should have been there for her no matter what. No, I'm not saying that turning her anger towards you is right. I'm saying that if you cared for this girl you should've tried to help her find a different outlet. Put her in a gym and let her hit something or talk through it. Anything that may have been therapeutic for her. But ultimately she needs to get out of that type of environment and get some counseling ASAP.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like she needs to figure herself out a bit. I think you did the right thing. She seems like she has a lot going on and being in a relationship is probably a little bit too much for her to deal with right now. Maybe she will reach out to you and ask for help but if you do help her and she ignores it then you can feel safer in your decision. Just try and move on.

• What you did was good. Don't change your mind.

What Guys Said 0