Does it help if other girls talk about you in a positive way?

Does it help if you have some female friends who are taken that like you and talk about you to their single friends in a positive way? I figure that having a good reputation can't hurt in piquing interest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Def good, and really no downside. I mean, there used to be a whole dating site devoted to guy who came with recommendations from other women. We have a way about finding info, even second and third hand.

What Girls Said 5

• Ya it does

• It doesn't hurt.

• Sure what do you have to lose

• Very true.

• Ya but you don't wana be known as the best friend so ull be friend zoned

What Guys Said 2

• It actually goes a little farther than that. It's been studies and found that a major part of a girl's impression has more to do with what her friends think of him, more so than what she herself think of him.

That is, a guy becomes attractive by having status amongst women in the first place. An otherwise unattractive guy will become attractive simply because he has girls around him, or a girl has friends who like him.

You see this in pop culture with boy bands it seems. They basically say "this dude is hot" and the rumor spreads, and suddenly girls think he's hot, because the other girls think he's hot.

While I've seen the rumors work negatively firsthand. I really haven't seen much of this "positive reinforcement" myself. But yeah, other girls talking good about you certainly helps.

• Most definitely.
    But most important is not to neglect any girl despite their looks, because you never know, that girl you've been kind of brushing off your shoulder might have some cute friends you might be interested in! Keep a good relation with girls around you and they will talk about you. What they talk about is all dependent on your acts.