Why does this always happen to me?

"Hey. I just got your voice mail and text. I head rehearsel til 9 and just got home a few minutes ago. I know I said I was free next week, but I have to be honest. I did meet someone on the site recently and we were talking yesterday and decided to see where things go. You seem like a really nice guy but I don't want to lead you on"

:( I have zero luck

Most Helpful Girl

• She kept it real with you, she found someone she likes better. Well apparently she was interested in you enough to give you her contact info, so you're not completely hopeless, but she met a guy she liked better. I don't know why this happens to you but it is better to meet people in real life

What Girls Said 5

• Damn. Harsh.

• No I have bad luck..I actually gave a guy my number for the 1st time and he deleted it after a week! And this guy was actually my type which is rare for guys like that to approach me

• Maybe ask your friends to hook you up

• She's not worth it move on

• Ur probably better off dating in real life instead through the internet

What Guys Said 3

• Well, she was kind to you, didn't seem to really lead you on (told you fairly early in the process), etc, and she was upfront about it. I don't think I've EVER had all of those things from a girl that I went out with.

Yes, sometimes, dating stinks. Does this TRULY "always" happen to you? or is it just where things haven't worked out yet? Many people's relationships don't work out and eventually fizzle, unless it's marriage and true love, etc. Then you only have that one relationship that "worked out in the end." They may work at the time, or be perfect for you at the time, but many relationships fizzle.

I've been cheated on, I've been lied to, I've been treated poorly by almost every girl I've dated (minus one "sort of" date that just fizzled, and I still think she's great). Sometimes it stinks.

I've also found a friend who loves me. Several girls, in fact, who seem to truly love me, and it took until I was 27 to find that kind of true friendship from a girl, and till 32 to have as much as I do. It's a weird and wonderful feeling; sometimes it's disappointing, in that that sort of thing hasn't happened in dating yet, but it's mostly wonderful that I get to have any of it (romantic or platonic), period. I'm lucky to have found that (at least so far).

I don't even think I have 0% luck, and I've had really crummy luck in dating so far. But, in being unpopular, it's helped me to dodge some huge bullets in dating. If I actually dated some of the supposed good girls I've met, I would have dated alcoholics, drug dealers, druggies, thieves... and the list goes on (these were all "church girls" who were quite good at hiding stuff they were doing on the side). I've remained relatively unscathed. And that's awesome.

So you've had bad luck with girls... but then you probably don't have an STD, you've avoided being in relationships quite possibly with some girls who could be secretly quite terrible people, and you'll probably treat that girl you'll be successful with wonderfully because hopefully you'd be smart enough to appreciate her as a man should appreciate a woman. That's a lot further than some dudes get.

• Give a person you are interested in a reason not to leave your side.

I have a feeling that you always play it safe with girls and that will get you nowhere. Trust me.

As for this girl she was honest to you so that you don't waste your time. Hopefully you weren't too attached to her so that you may be able to move on.

Keep your options open, don't just talk to one girl, talk to many.

The odds will be in your favor then.

• play it safe in what context?

• Playing it safe as in you don't want to take risks with people because you are fearing what is to happen after.

• Yes it hurts now but its better she sever ties and not lead you on

Its a good thing she told you straight up.

Move on.

Life gets better