Ladies, would you leave your man for someone better?

Say you have been in a relationship for a while and your partner has let himself go (not in shape anymore, lazier, basically you are no longer attracted to him but you still love him.) Then you meet someone you are attracted to and compatible with who also feels the same way about you.

What would you do in this scenario; leave the current for the upgrade or would you stick it out just because of the time invested?

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of idiot stays in a situation that they're not happy in? Unless you believe in an after life, this is the only one you have, so hell yah! You see an opportunity for happiness, you take it! Yes there might be some collateral damage, but you can't live your life worried about what would make 'someone else happy'.

• What if its not that they're not happy or unhappy - just settled, complacent, comfortable. Do you still think they should take a chance to be truly happy?

What Girls Said 9

• I'd suggest to him that maybe we could both start working put together and he can get back into shape. If he doesn't take the initiative and just doesn't care how he looks anymore then I'd prob leave. Guys do that to women all the time anyways so why not? There needs to be a physical attraction along with an emotional attraction. Sorry just how I feel.

• No, they both go together you cannot love someone and don't like them. See the thing in this case is that any physical changes like that are no reason to stop loving...I mean its something you can Change. So if someone has cancer and he/she is only boyfriend/girlfriend would you break up with them?

If he gets lazy, chucky, I stick to my man and our gym subscription lol...

• i have loved an ex and was not physically attracted to her after a while.

• if it isn't good anymore..

I'm kicking him to the curb...

• Yeah...I'm not going to sugarcoat it either.

I'd leave.

• yes I would. I don't believe in commitment so if there's another guy whos hotter and better hell yes id leave in a heartbeat

• theres probably something wrong. people don't just gain weight, & or, get lazy for no reason. id try to help him deal with the problem. no I wouldn't leave. unless he stopped caring overall.

you don't get lazy because of someone else, something is WRONG.

• no if I love him I would stay we all have our flaws..i would whether be with someone I love ..then to be with someone I don't love..i think some girls are too hard on their man that's why their always losing them

• If I'm not attracted to him it would be because of his behavior so I'd break it off with him whenever that happened as long as it didn't seem like he was going to fix it.

If I was compatible with someone else and I wanted to date I'd date that guy. Basically I wouldn't really see it as an upgrade, just someone who is suitable. I wouldn't stick it out for time invested unless it was a marriage, I wouldn't leave him in that case and there's no way I'd let myself get attracted to another guy that way.

Also if I was still with the first guy (outside marriage) and there was this other guy, there's no way I'd let myself carry on with thoughts of attraction towards this guy.

• It shouldn't matter how the hell he acts or looks I'm sorry but I'm just saying if you live stay with if you don't dnt fkn stay and play him nd lead him on I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch I'm just saying how would you feel if he did that to you and if you wouldn't care then apparently you didn't really care for him!

• I don't believe in being content or comfortable. Settling sucks...so yah...either you "make" your current situation a happy one, (you do have that ability)...or you go look for happiness.

What Guys Said 0