Never had a boyfriend and am turning 23 this year. What is wrong with me?

I'm 22 turning 23 by the end of the year and I have never had a boyfriend or any kind of love/romantic/sexual relationship.

I've never been kissed, never been asked out, never held hands, never been flirted with and never made out with a guy. I have literally zero experience with guys. The only time where someone showed some interest in me was three years ago, he was a classmate but already had a girlfriend and was a cheater.

I don't understand why things turned out like this. I am not ugly, not fat (used to be bit chubby but still it wasn't that much), I do try and dress nice. Well I don't wear any make-up but I don't look hideous without it, and I may not have the best hairstyle (long wavy/curly hair that I wear naturally) but I don't look like a witch.

I am rather serious, I study a lot. I am quiet and reserved and don't strike a conversation easily with people. I don't have that many friends neither and only have one guy friend whom I've known ever since I'm 12. I really don't know why no one has ever been interested in me. I'm not mean, I don't stink, and I don't look like a monster.

I can feel this is starting to weight on me and affect my already few social abilities somehow. I've become even more reluctant to interact with people because I'm afraid there's something wrong with me in my overall look or behavior that they can see but am not aware of. Besides since I don't have a lot of friends and I don't see them daily, I never go to parties. I go to uni and I just go to study then go back home to study some more but in the meanwhile I don't talk to anyone.

SO I was wondering what was wrong with me? And how can I break out of this loneliness?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's crazy! I don't know where you live but here in Florida I never really seen that happen. Maybe you should broadcast your availability. I don't kno you and I'm already interested lol. Get on sites like tagged and skout( both have apps on iPhone and android) once you create one of these just sit back and wait you will get a bite ;) good luck

Side note: on your profile don't mention your guy troubles just post a little bit about Urself and end it with " if there's anything else you wanna kno feel free to ask"

What Guys Said 2

• Uhm. I hate to present myself as insensitive but are you a prude?

Aside from that, it sounds like you are unintentionally isolating yourself. I mean if you don't go anywhere(with or without friends) there is pretty much a zero percent chance a boy will find you.

From my experience, id like to tell you that this is no longer high school. People generally won't judge you.

• be glad you don't have to initiate anything

What Girls Said 2

• I never had a boyfriend all through high school. I didn't even have my first kiss until I was 18 years old. Now, I'm 20 and I've gone through two boyfriends, but I've still yet to find myself in an actual relationship. I still feel alone, and I still feel like I'm going to die a lonely virgin, lol. Those two crappy relationships haven't made me feel any better, and I still question what is so wrong with me.

It does feel crappy. I know how you feel. But you have to learn to be OK on your own. Really and truly, you won't feel any better after you've had a boyfriend, or kissed anyone, or had sex. Chances are, you'll still feel the same way. That's why you have to learn to be OK. You can't rely on outside influences to make a positive change in what's going on inside you. Sadly (or not so sadly, I don't know) it doesn't work like that.

• The answer is within your question. You're too shy. You don't bother going OUT. You can't expect people to do all the work if you're not willing to meet them halfway. Get out more, meet new people. Join a club, you're at a uni, that gives you plenty of chances to find new people. I doubt there's anything wrong with you physically, you just need to open up more is all.