Guys: What would hold you back?

So I basically told my guy friend that I liked him and I ask if there was anything between us because he's hot and cold. Anyway, he texted back saying, "your cute I mean there could be. What you see?" And I told him I liked him and asked him how he felt and he said, "same here." So I asked him if he liked me, ya know, just to be sure. And he texted back saying, "kinda alittle" Well I asked him what we were going to do about this and he asked when we were hanging out. But he stopped texting back after a while and we never made plans. Anyway, now a few weeks later we still haven't made plans but we hang out at work and he gives me hugs and stuff. We text each other (I'm mostly the one who starts it) and we flirt.But I think that something must be holding him back because he still hasn't made that final move. So I don't even know if he actually likes me or if he just said that to spare my feelings.

Any opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I just think that you should hang with him in person more, and say these types of things face to face rather than face to phone.

As for what's holding him back, could be many different things.

What Guys Said 2

• I suggest you continue being friends, but in the mean time I think you be subtle when asking him when are you two gonna hang out. But I don't think you should hook up with him until you know for sure you want a serious relationship with him. But if you want something casual I suggest you make a foward, but subtle move on him.

• i would advise you to stop chasing/contacting him and he will come running to you. You are making it too easy and it makes you less desirable.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think he's really all that into you.. like either that or he's just really indecisive which I find annoying.. see everything he's saying is very noncommittal. he's just RESPONDING to you, he's not actually SAYING anything on his own. He didn't answer when you asked what you wanted to do about it, which generally means that he doesn't really want to do anything about it. otherwise if a guy likes a girl and she tells him that she likes him, he'd typically be really happy and try to take it to another level because now he knows her feelings. he's not doing any of those things. Sorry =/ if you stop initiating conversation and he comes to you, then that's a different story.