Now Seriously, She thinks I like her because of this.

My female friend was talking and told me that I'm not strong enough to `pick her up`and I said I could, she still didn't believe me, so anyway 10 minuets while walking I picked her up by the stomach and walked for one minutes then put her down, and she know thinks I like her as more than a friend. I was actually quite offended when she asked me that, or thought that enough that I don`t want to speak to her for quite a while now. This is the 3rd time she thought I liked her and two other times I cleared it up with her and she believed me, but the 3rd time I'm not happy. She keeps messaging me to talk to her but I won't since I'm so annoyed it's the 3rd time. Anyway is a guy picking up a "female friend" seriously thinks the guy might like them?

Well she did in a message tell me she didn't like me back, but I told her she was on crack for thinking that I liked her anyway when I didn't so therefore I then said I won't speak to her for a while, she however is telling me not to be mad, but I am, since it is the 3rd time.
i told her that she is not dateable, I screwed up saying it because she took it as no guy is datebale for her, but I corrected myself saying she's not dateable for me

and after I said that she's not datebale she thought I liked her ... which makes no sense

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like she's trying really hard to get you to like her. this is where she makes things up in her mind just to make it seem to her that you like her... no I wouldn't think a friend of mine just by betting he can pick me up is a sign of major liking me... unless there are other hints and clues that suggest he likes me but in your case I'd think you haven't done so... she's trying to make it seem like you like her.. hopefully she takes a hint and realizes you don't.

What Girls Said 18

• Haha it sounds like wishful thinking. Either she likes you and was flirting and thought you were flirting back, OR she doesn't like you but really likes male attention and fantasizes about you liking her and doesn't want to let it go (how old is she? - rhetorical question).

If you picking her up was the deciding factor in her thinking you like her, I'd guess she spends a lot of time around guys who wouldn't touch a girl they don't like with a ten-foot pole because they're just not friendly to women they're not sexually attracted to.

Just a lot of bullsh*t going on here that might cause this.

• shes probably just dropping hints!

its one of those things like...you know you wanna get me that toy *nudge nudge*

my friends do that. but I don't think they were flirting...some do though :/

they probably think I am too cause I keep asking for more. guys mistake playfulness for flirting grr

• shes either wants to piss you off cause she's has nothing better to do or she's an idiot :/ I would tell her I don't like her, using every language possible haha

• Sounds like you've got a stage five clinger on your hands... JOKING!.. well she obviously likes you. ALOT.. she knows it, and you know it. And she seems to be in denial that you don't share those feelings. I hate to say it, but the best thing for her might be time apart from you. You can't get over someone when you're hanging around with them a acting flirty (picking her up, even though she asked for it). You can definitely be friends eventually, but the girl needs to move on or she's going to keep getting hurt.

• Absolutely not.. More on girls are sweetcreatures to their guy friends. so picking up is not an assurance of liking a friend. Its a friendly way of saying " hey buddy I'm doing this because I'm your friend without any malice". Real friends are being at ease around each other but the way your friend thinks, she likes you more than a friend. So clear the air, let her know that your not into her and you really see her only just a friend/sister that's why you did that. Explain to her that if she keeps on doing thesame thing, your friendship will be broken She might understand it:))

• No offense but it seems like she has a really high self esteem. Just because a guy picks you up doesn't mean he's in love with u. I honestly think she should get a reality check because from your question and both your updates it seems like she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. If I were you id keep doing what it is your doing. You don't need to be friends with girls like that because it will only happen again.

• Well, that IS flirty. She likes you and she thought the playful contact meant you liked her too and you embarrassed her so now she's denying it. You don't like her, you don't touch her, it's really simple. Don't start wrestling with her or anything like that because that IS a sign of people liking one another, even if you didn't mean for it to be.

• She is in denial. And I don't mean the river in Africa.

• um... No. Ya girl has got things twisted and probably likes you, turning every little thing you do into evidence that you like her back. That or she's dumb... or little of both. But for future reference if your not into a girl keep physical contact to a minimum, some of the loopy girls might get the wrong impression and you never know who the loopy ones are.

• Yes, if a guy picked me up I might think he liked me. But if he said he didn't, I wouldn't pursue him.

(btw, you shouldn't have said she was 'undateable', that was mean and unnecessary...but yeah it's weird that you keep telling her you don't and she still thinks you do...are you a flirty type of guy or something?)

• U totally fell for her trick. I would do that sort of thing like challenge the guy by saying he could not beat me at arm wrestling or whatever just to make contact lol but that was when I was younger like middle school! ^_^ anyway um she likes u. I don't get why she would accuse you of liking her 3 times when you have told her you dont. Maybe she is stuck up and thinks you couldn't possible just think of her as a friend. Keep your distance for a bit then tell her how it annoys you if she keeps doing it then she doesn't care about your feelings and isn't a good friend.

• She probably said that as an attempt to flirt, and in her mind you took the bait, which showed that you were interested. Clearly she likes you, and she seems to be looking desperately for evidence that you like her. I don't know what else to tell you other than to keep letting her know you're not interested. Maybe try to set her up on a date with someone else? Depending on how close of friends you are.

• Well tell her to stop picking on little things that makes her think you like her. Probably because you walked with her for one minutes straight when you picked her up made her think that way when picking her up was enough. She must be thinking you going to carry her like that one day to lay her on bed and make love to her.

• hahahaha your crazy

• Well I'm just saying what she's thinking, I'm like 98% sure she's thinking that.

• Either that or she's thinking that's how you are going to save her out of a burning building.

• haha she thought you had romantic feelings for her based on that alone? did she think that when her parents carried her as a kid as well, haha. she seems be insecure. Cut her loose but maybe she thinks that's a proposal.

• call me old fashioned or whatever but I won't let him pick me up after all if I didn't like him...and I think she was just lookin for a way to have a little sth than a friend with u...i'm sure she's not askin any other guy friends of her to pick her up ;) she definitely likes u! just tell her you don't like her not on the way to that could possibly hurt her feelings but just make it clear for one last time...i'd do that if I have good friendship with the person...

• first thing, don't say "u are not attractive to me or not dateable", girls will feel frustrated even tho they don't like u. second, maybe when you hang out with her, your vibe shows that you like her, or makes her believe you like her. third, to avoid this situation, just mentions randomly what kind of girls you like to show you just want to be FRIEND with her. for me, if a guy picks me up, either my closed friends or the guys flirting with me. but they have different vibes and I can figure out.

• I couldtell you to date her & treat her like sh*t, cheating on her, disrespect. &. Stuff but I won't tell. You because I'm part of the sisterhood...

• Well, obviously not, if I challenge a guy to pick me up and he ends up doing it I wouldn't think he liked me because I would know he did it as a part of the challenge.

Anyway, do you really have no feelings for her?

I ask because it's the first time I hear about a girl believing that a guy likes her and insists on it, even when turned down. Besides I'm not even sure she has feelings for you and that it could be why she asked because if she did, she would have certainly felt hurt by the fact that you told her no and she would have tried to keep a low profile and not talk about it so often.

So the only reason she can be insisting might be because your own behavior screams "he likes me" in more ways than one, and not because she's enthralled by you and wants reciprocation (else she would use more subtle ways like asking you if you have a crush on someone and who that may be..)

As I said it's weird, girls usually won't claim that a specific guy is into them if they don't have proofs. Some guys and some girls might do so and say things such as "you're into me" because they've had lots of success with the opposite gender so it sort of is a way to seduce/lure you into them but you describe her as being this type of person so..

I think you should really reflect on what your behavior is towards her and what you do that could lead her to think so. I also suggest that you really assess the feelings you have for her to see if you're not yourself in denial of what you feel for her.

And if she's just crazy then don't contact her ever again, I guess that way she will understand that you don't like her at all.

• She wanted you to pick her up and you accepted the challenge. I would have thought a guy liked me too if he picked me up and carried me around, but that's just me. It comes off as flirting. So you did "lead her on"

What Guys Said 6

• They might get the idea you like them cause it could be taken as flirting, but if she just challenged you then I don't get it. I would guess the reason she has said you like her 3 times is she actually likes you and wants you to like her so she keeps saying it all inception style.

• you're breaking the "physical" boundary. It's definitely a signal that is given off when people like each other.

If you are on a date with a girl and she touches you, then you should know she likes you and touch her back.

It can be misleading between platonic friends. Obviously, this girl likes you more than just a friend.

• First of all I wouldn't pick up a girl unless I did like her. So its kinda your fault. On the other hand she is kinda acting wierd. She is the one that started it. So morale of the story, don't pick yout "girl" friends and don't be friends with such insecure people.

• She obviously likes and is probably saying that so you can say you like her so she can say I like you too

• just say , I like you as friend , and you more of a sister than a girlfriend , so that why I don't want anything to happen ;) SORTED :D

• When a girl thinks you're pining for her, and she doesn't feel the same way - it's a waste of time trying to convince her otherwise.

Girls are the centre of their own dramas and their own universes - they are the heroine of every story they concoct in their airy heads. You'll never convince her that you're not into her, if she thinks you are.

Those other 2 times you think you convinced her? You didn't. That's why she always came back to the idea.

The only thing you can do, is ignore it. Let her have her fantasy.

• why are you acting anonymous , feeling scared or what ? calling girls drama and all... :P